twenty three

-------✰-------

-------✰-------

once we get to the car he lets go of my arm. i walk to the passenger seat and sit down. i watch through the windows as he angrily walks over to the drivers seat.

he sit roughly, shaking the car. he licks his lips and starts the engine. he doesn't look at me once, he just keeps driving.

i lift my head from looking down at my feet and watch as we speed up. "dallas" i say trying to get his attention. the numbers get higher. "dallas" i say sternly.

he doesn't say anything and begins going faster instead. "dallas!" i shout. he bites his lips and looks at me though the mirror, seeing how scared i am.

he takes a deep breath and starts slowing down. i ease up and my heartbeat becomes normal again.

he pulls over and stops the car. we sit in silence for a moment until we make eye contact.

i curl my lip and narrow my eyes, trying to read him. "why did you do that?" i ask.

"do what?" he says curtly.

"why would you beat steve like that? i- i had it handled. you didn't need to-" he cuts me off.

"no you didn't" he laughs with anger in his tone. "it was so obvious. why won't you appreciate anything i do for you? i beat up sheldon and his friend for you, you didn't even thank me for that" he spits.

i keep quiet. i didn't want him to go out and get hurt just to beat up bob and randy. i didn't ask him to help me with steve, but he has a point.

"dallas..i'm sorry. really. i appreciate you. i just don't want you out hurting yourself to 'protect' me" i reply.

he scoffs then hits the steering wheel, making me flinch. he doesn't say anything else, instead he starts the car and we go on our way again.

i thought it would be best not to bother him, so i stayed quiet as well. after a few minutes, we pull up to my driveway. i open the door, put one leg out and then look at him.

he's looking straight ahead, waiting for me to get out. "i'm sorry" i say quietly, and get out. i am sorry. i really meant it.

i shut the door and turn around, walking into my house. i get home and my moms laying on the couch, watching a movie.

"hey" i say blankly. she shoots up "hey!" she replies. she scoots over to the side of the couch and pats the cushion next to her, implying for me to come over.

i'm exhausted, disappointed and disgusted with myself, but i never spend time with my mom. i rarely see her.

i walk over and sit down awkwardly. i look at her with sad eyes and she looks at me concerned. she tilts her head and puts her hand on my cheek.

"what's up baby?" she asks. i simply say "nothing" because there's no point in sharing it. she stares at me for a moment, but decides not to pester me about it. she kisses my forehead and i leave.

once i finally lay in bed, i roll to my nightstand and turn my light off. i couldn't have been asleep for more than 7 minutes when i hear knocking on my window.

i huff and throw my blanket off from my body and get up. i stumble in the dark over to the window and open it.
before i can say anything, two hands grab my face trying to pull me in for a kiss.

before i could realize it was dallas, i punched him, defending myself from whoever else i thought it would be.

"shit! dallas? i'm sorry..what are you doing here right now?" i whisper shout as i help him in through my window.

he sits on my bed as i shut the window then walk over to turn a light on. "i just wanted to talk, man" he says.

i bite my lips nervously, waiting for what he's gonna say next. i walk over and sit on my bed across from him. he pulls out his cigarette pack and lights a cancer stick.

i look at him and furrow my eyebrows "hello?? dal you can't smoke in here."

he looks at me and blows cigarette smoke into my face. he chuckles as he watches me angrily fan it out of the way. once he stops, he looks down and clears his throat. "it wasn't okay for me to barge in on your date and do what i did.."

my eyes widen. does he think i really like steve like that? i watch as he messes with his ring. he clears his throat again and continues talking.

"i shouldn't have ran after you a few nights ago. i don't know what i was thinkin...you should be with someone better than me-"

"shut the hell up winston!" i say, cutting him off. "i don't like steve like that at all, i just did it to mess with ya. i knew i'd get a reaction out of you, it was just gonna be a little revenge to how you left me in the bathroom at the curtis house."

i take a deep breath and grab his hand "im real sorry. i thought it was obvious i was a little uncomfortable with how he was trying to get with me over there. i'm so so sorry" i say and bring his hand up to my head, leaning on it.

he sighs, putting his finger under my chin and pulling up my head to meet my eyes with his. he smiles lightly then looks at my lips, leaning in for a kiss.

i smile into the kiss, and he chuckles. "what? ya gonna hit me again?" he asks sarcastically.

i break the kiss and look deep into his dark brown eyes. i then look at his jawline, with scruffed hair on it. i look at his hands, which are bruised and cut up. finally, i look at his hair, which he never greases like the rest of the boys.

he's so different from them, i have no idea how they get along. i look back into his eyes and smile lightly. "you're not mad at me are you?" i ask.

he licks his lips and squints his eyes at me as if he's trying to figure me out. "nah, man" he says.

i smile and lean in for a hug. we sit there for a moment. he smells like cigarettes, alcohol and kind of a nature-ish woods like smell. i don't know how to explain it.

i lean back and take his hand, messing with his fingers, paying special attention to his skull ring. his hands are much bigger than mine. "i guess i'll take your christopher, if you're still willing to give it to me."

"are you sure? you're ready to let everyone know?" he asks. i look up with a huge smile on my face and nod. he smiles back, leaning his head down pulling the christopher off of his neck, putting it around mine.

"it looks real good on you" he says and kisses me. i thank him "feels good too" i say.