twenty nine

-------✰-------

-------✰-------

dal parks the car and we get out. sodas outside pumpin gas for some soc. we can tell by the mustang.

"hey, man" dal says, hitting the top of the persons car. a kid around our age pops out of the window.

"watch it grease!" he shouts.

dallas turns around and smirks at him. he grabs the hood of the car and begins shaking it violently.

he enjoys riling up the socs'.

the man yells some foul things at him, but dallas just laughs. he drives off after he pays for the gas.

"what are you two doing here?" soda asks, fixing his cap.

"well, we're always together aren't we?" dal teases, pretending he doesn't know what went down.

"everything's alright now, soda. we're not here to cause any trouble" i say, patting his back.

we all walk inside together. we're greeted by steve at the counter.

"hey, guys" he says.

dal and i both wave uncomfortably. not wanting there to be any awkward silence, i start up.

"anyone seen two? i haven't heard from him for a bit."

"off getting drunk somewhere" soda says, putting the money in the cash register.

we stay here for about two hours, johnny and pony will be here soon. this got less awkward with steve as we continued to talk.

his face doesn't look so bruised anymore. his and dals knuckles still have some cuts n stuff though.

the door rings as pony walks in first, johnny behind him. "hey guys!" pony says excitedly. he comes around the corner setting his bag behind the counter.

"what are you so cheery about?" i ask.

"you know cherry valance? i talked to her a bit after school today while she was waiting for her friends."

"ah, the cute red head from the drive in, right?" dallas asks. i glare at him for saying that. i remember how upset i got that night. dallas was bein real nasty to her.

he didn't see the way i looked at him, he just continued his conversation with pony about her.

i zoned out of it, thinking about her. she's real pretty, he'd leave me for her in a heartbeat.