twenty one

-------✰-------

-------✰-------

"whatever you say, dal" i respond back to his compliment. he furrows his eyebrows and bites his bottom lip.

"i'm serious" he says, walking over to me. i giggle and turn my back to him, continuing to make the quesadillas.

he wraps his arms around my waist and buries his head into my neck. i feel the heat rise to my cheeks and a huge smile grows on my face. i cant believe he's finally mine.

"i'll always look out for you" he says suddenly. i turn around and kiss him passionately. i put my hand on his face and he pulls me in closer to him.

i smile into the kiss and pull back. we stare into each others eyes for what feels like hours, but was really only a couple seconds.

the front door opening interrupts us. my eyes widen and i shove him back.

"what's cookin?!" i hear two yell from the living room.

"quesadillas" dallas says curtly.

"smells good" two replies.

"what's up dal?" i hear johnny say. i watch as dallas smiles at him and pulls his neck into his arm and rubs his head, messing up his hair.

"not much, man" dallas says, leaning against the wall. pony comes into the kitchen.

"hey, pone" i say, nodding at him.

"hey" he says, opening the fridge to get a drink.

i look at him up and down. "everything okay?" i ask.

"fine" he replies, closing the fridge. i decide not to pester him about it, he knows he can talk to me if he wanted to.

"okay..do you think you could help me and bring this plate of quesadillas to the table?" i ask. all the quesadillas are piled on one plate.

he shrugs and takes the plate. i follow behind him with separate plates for the each of us, and set them on the table as well.

"it's ready" i announce. the boys yell in excitement, but pony stays quiet. some of us sit at the table, some sit in front of the tv on the couch or on the floor.

darry, pony and i are sitting at the table. the others near the television. they're watching mickey mouse. i start conversation with darry, asking how his day was.

i couldn't help but listen to the conversation the boys near the tv were having.

"she looks so good today" steve says. two and soda agree. "you think she might give me a chance?" he asks. i don't know who their talking about.

"it's worth a shot, man" soda whispers. "she's one mighty fine gal" two pipes in.

i finish eating my quesadilla, i had tuned out of their conversation for the remaining time i ate it, not caring what they were saying.

i get up and put my plate in the kitchen, i'll wash the dishes when everyone else is done.

most of the boys were already on their second before i had even finished mine.

i go and sit with the boys on the couch, watching mickey mouse. i see dallas shuffle in his seat uncomfortably.

"hey mads, you talking to anyone?" steve asks. i look at him and shrug "no" i say.

he gets up and comes to sit next to me. my heart starts beating quickly.

i clear my throat awkwardly. i cant tell them i'm with dallas. at least not yet.

steve puts his hand on my leg, and starts moving his hand up and down along it.

he licks his lips and says "would you be interested in seeing someone?" i shrug my shoulders in response.

"i was thinkin..maybe you and me..could i take you out tonight?" he asks. the boys don't seem to be paying attention, except for dallas. i see him staring in the corner of my eye.

i look at him, he's leaning over his legs in his chair, popping his knuckles repeatedly and staring at me.

i look down awkwardly and bite my lip. "i've got to use the restroom" i say. and with that, steve squeezes my thigh then let's me go.

i walk slowly to the restroom, replaying what just happened in my head. i finally get there, and shut the door, but something stops it.

i look down and see dallas' foot in between the door. "what the hell are you doing following me here?"

"they weren't paying attention, cool it" he says angrily. he pushes open the door and comes in, closing it.

"did you enjoy that?" he asks.

"what?"

"did you like what he was doing? you didn't try to stop him" dallas says, coming toward me. i back up against the counter.

before i can respond, dallas grabs my face with his hand, making me look into his eyes. "would he be able to make you feel as good as i do?" he whispers, leaning into my ear.

i shiver, and my heartbeat quickens. i feel his hot breath against my neck, and before i know it he begins kissing and sucking on it.

"dallas" i breathe out. i put my head back in pleasure, but he stops.

i look at him upset, he smirks. he opens the bathroom door, and walks out, leaving me hot and flustered.