eight

-------✰-------

-------✰-------

He gives in and turns his car off, scratching the back of his neck.
"Alright, Madison. But we're just going to sleep, nothing else you got that?"

I wipe my face of tears and say yes trying to pull myself together. We walk back into the bar and head up the stairs to his room.

He tells me to sit on his bed and I obey, he runs downstairs and comes back up with a glass of water.

"Drink this, dollface. Let's try to sober you up a bit" he says helping me with the glass.

While I down the rest of the water, he goes through his drawers and finds a shirt for me to wear.

"It's a bit big but, it should work just for tonight. I uh- I don't want you going back downstairs in this state with all the guys there just uh...change here real quick." He says and closes his eyes.

I take off my top, along with my jeans and toss them to the side. I throw on his shirt which goes down to my thighs. "Okay," I say "you can look now."

He runs back downstairs and fills me up another glass of water which has already helped me come back a bit.

I'm laying on the bed staring at the ceiling. He must know I like him now, if he doesn't I don't know how else I could hint it at him.

I look over his way and see him changing. He takes off his shirt and jeans and throws on a pair of sweats. I watch his back muscles flex and dream about being able to trace him.

He turns my way and laughs a little and I can feel my face turn red. I look back toward the ceiling and begin wishing he was mine.

"What's on your mind, baby?" He says and lays next to me, pulling the covers over us.

"Nothing I'm able to tell you, Winston." I say turning my body toward him. I can feel his hot breath on my neck as he speaks.

"You can tell me anything, doll."

I sigh and close my eyes real tight "I'm just so in love with you, Winston. And I have been for years but you'll never feel the same back." I open my eyes and lock them with his.

He smiles lightly and moves the hair out of my face, then tells me to go to sleep. I nod my head, disappointed but not surprised. I can't expect him to love me back.

I turn the other way and after a few minutes pretend to fall asleep, and I feel his arms wrap around me pulling me closer to his body. I listen to his heartbeat, along with his light breaths assuring me he's asleep.

I feel so safe and warm in his arms, which eventually causes me to fall asleep with a smile plastered on my face.