thirteen

-------✰-------

-------✰-------

I watch as Soda leaves, closing his bedroom door. I take off my clothes, except for my bra and underwear then throw the shirt on, folding my clothes and putting them in the corner of the room not knowing where else.

As i assumed, the shirt goes just past my knees. I assume it's their dads that Soda kept cause it'd be a bit big on Soda, too.

I open the door and walk back into the living room, earning looks from the 3 boys.

"So...when's the rest of the gang gonna be here?" i ask walking toward the coach to take a seat.

"Anytime," Darry says putting plates on the dining table for breakfast. "there's some extra if you're wanting some, Madison."

I smile and thank him, standing up to go get my own plate of food. He made scrambled eggs with toast.

As i load food onto my plate, the door opens and the house immediately becomes filled by Steve's and Two-bits voices, with Johnny following behind them.

Pony, Soda and Darry greet them as i walk into view. "Hey guys!" i yell over their voices, setting my plate onto the table and going to hug them.

"what's crackin, kid?" Two says as he ruffles my hair.

"Nothin really, i just-" i try to respond til Pony interrupts me.

"She got beat by some socs. Dallas got to em though." he says shoving me in the arm smiling.

"oh huh, you spend the night with ol' Dal?" Steve chimes in smirking. Before I can answer, we all look at the front door startled by the slam.

"She sure did," Dallas says walking toward us, devilishly smiling at me.

I glare at him, but he just chuckles, along with everyone else who's looking at my face turning red.

"Gee, thanks Dal." I say and head back over toward my plate to eat breakfast. The rest of the boys join me at the table as well.

As we eat, we just made small talk. Mostly talkin about what we want to do for today. Many ideas went around but were never confirmed.

We finished eating, and i volunteered to wash the dishes. I walk around the table and collect all the plates, able to feel Dallas' eyes burning into me.

I pick up the last plate and look at him with confusion on my face. He just smirks and shrugs his shoulders, looking away and joining back into the boys conversation.

After i finished washing the dishes, we all headed out the door to the front yard.

"You guys wanna go catch a movie?" Pony asks, earning groans from the boys.

"No, no, no. I'm gonna go hunt some action. Kids allowed." Dallas says, looking at me, Pony and Johnny.

Us 3 look at each other, and then shrug our shoulders as a "why not." That is, before Darry pipes in.

"No sir," he says grabbing Pony's shoulder "this kid can't be getting into any trouble. It's probably best he stays home."

"Aw, come on Dar. We won't do nothin too bad." Pony says trying to convince Darry to let him come.

If him or Soda get into any trouble, they'd get thrown into a boys home. They gotta be real careful.

"Nah man, i get it" Dallas says "we'll just go catch a movie."

"Alright, good deal." Darry says walking away to talk to Soda.

"What are we gonna do with the spare time?" i ask them as we begin walking.

"Cause some trouble." Dallas says blandly as if Darry didn't just tell him we can't do that.

"Very funny," i say back. He just looks at me, indicating he wasn't joking.

Johnny and Pony were walking behind us, so i doubt they heard.