ten ☆ i still can't believe she's gone

SEPTEMBER
of twenty-nineteen

narrator's pov.

as usual, elena headed right to the sunflower field since her cheer practice was canceled. it had been a few days since she last saw zach, so deep down she was hoping to see him.

when she headed toward the spot where zach was normally found, he wasn't there. elena shrugged, and continued to look around for the boy.

all of a sudden, she heard whimpering.

"maybe there's a puppy nearby!" elena mumbled to herself, looking around for a dog.

however, as elena continued to look, she found zach hiding in the sunflowers. he was in a different spot than usual, and his head was buried in his navy blue sweatshirt. zach's scattered breaths from his sobs made his chest bounce.

"i still can't believe she's gone," zach mumbled to himself.

elena slowly walked toward him, "um, zach, are you okay?"

she could hear zach gasp, and he pulled his head out of his sweatshirt. he wiped his eyes dry, but kept his head down so elena wouldn't see how red and puffy they were.

"zach, what's wrong?" she asked, sitting in front of him.

"n-nothing," he stuttered, grabbing his camera bag and standing up to walk away.

"hey!" elena called out, stopping in front of him, "you were just crying and i heard you say i still can't believe she's gone. are you sure that nothing's wrong?"

"everything is fine, elena," zach declared, avoiding eye contact as he walked faster.

elena stopped in front of him again, "i'm not stopping until you tell me why you were just crying your eyes out."

"just leave me alone!" zach shouted at her, hitting his shoulder against elena's as he stormed out of the sunflower field.

elena watched zach as he quickly left the field, and couldn't help but wonder why zach was so upset in the first place.

-

liked by presleyforpres, jackodawacko, morejune, and 38 otherselenasvlogchannel uh oh

elenasvlogchannel uh oh... i think i just made an oopsie?
view all 9 comments...
getoutofmygarden omg elena what
did you do now
jojothehoehoe ^
corb0nebess0n ^^
jackodawacko ^^^
elenasvlogchannel i'm
being bullied by rosie, jonah,
corbyn, and jack ):
presleyforpres spill 😡
elenasvlogchannel i made
a person who i'm not super closer
with... upset?
load more comments...

-

elenasvlogchannel has requested
to follow sadzach

sadzach declined
elenasvlogchannel's request

...