twenty-seven ☆ you're being weird

OCTOBER
of twenty-nineteen

narrator's pov.

"i got, like, no sleep last night," elena yawned, walking to her locker with presley.

"same here," presley agreed.

elena quirked an eyebrow, "how come you didn't get sleep? i had so much homework from all of my classes."

"oh, i-i was just thinking about... life," presley answered, playing with her fingers.

"alright," elena laughed, opening her locker.

daniel and corbyn walked by, not saying a word to either of the girls.

"d-did you just see that?" elena asked, watching the two boys continue to walk down the hallway, "they didn't even say good morning."

"yeah, uh, that was weird," presley mumbled..

elena turned back around to face the brunette, "you're acting strange."

"no... i'm not," presley disagreed.

"what's wrong, pres?" elena inquired, "you know i'm not going to let it go until you tell me."

presley sighed, "corbyn's being super weird, and we haven't talked in a while."

"what do you mean? you talk at the lunch table, and in the groupchat," elena pointed out.

"that's not the same, el," presley corrected, "we haven't had a meaningful conversation in days. i used to talk to him all the time, and all we have now are dry conversations."

"how long has this been happening?" elena questioned.

"since homecoming," presley answered, "i think corbyn hates me."

"he could never hate you, presley," elena reassured, "i think just let the tension pass by, and you guys will be fine."

out of nowhere, the blond boy that elena and presley were conversing about appeared, "h-hey."

"hi, corbyn," elena greeted.

however, presley just looked down on the floor to avoid eye contact.

"did you look at the text that was sent out?" corbyn asked elena.

elena tilted her head, and pulled out her phone, "what text?"

corbyn watched the dark-haired girl read what was on her phone, "the coaches want an extended practice today for football, cheer, and dance. instead of ending at four, we're ending at five."

"i really don't feel like going," elena groaned, "i'm probably going to have even more homework tonight, and i haven't even started our anatomy project."

"don't worry, el, you can handle it," corbyn remarked.

all of a sudden, the bell rang, and that signaled the students to begin to finish up at their lockers.

"i'll see you in homeroom," corbyn declared, walking away.

once he was completely out of sight, elena turned to presley, "okay, it's not just him being weird. you're acting so awkward, presley."

presley rolled her eyes, "i don't know how to talk to him."

elena closed her locker, "we'll talk about this later. see you at lunch, pres!"

-

elena 🌻:
hey

elena 🌻:
i'm gonna be
like pretty late
to the field

zach ☁️:
that's fine

zach ☁️:
i can finish up
some calc hw
before u get there

elena 🌻:
ok great!

elena 🌻:
see u later (:

zach ☁️:
bye ellie, have a
great day at school

elena 🌻:
you too!!

...