sixty-seven ☆ easy elena and horny herron

MAY
of twenty-twenty

narrator's pov.

there were two weeks left of school before summer vacation, and the students that attended the senior trip had resumed back to their regular schedule.

elena yawned as her and zach walked into the school, but they immediately became alert and awake once they saw a huge crowd by elena's locker. the dark-haired girl pushed through everybody, and her jaw dropped once she saw what was decorated on her locker.

all of the pictures from her instagram page of her wearing a bikini were taped on the front of her locker, and easy elena was spray painted on it as well.

zach pushed through the crowd as well, and when he saw her locker, he immediately ripped all of the pictures off, "hey! who did this?"

a bunch of murmurs were spoken by the crowd, and zach scoffed, "i swear to god... whoever did this is a complete dick. i don't want anybody talking about this, you hear me?"

the crowd eventually dissipated, and elena and zach were the only ones left at her locker. elena could not stop staring at the spray painted words, and it was like she was frozen.

"hey, are you okay?" zach asked, tapping on her shoulder.

"uh, i don't know," elena admitted, "that was just kind of... unexpected."

"you tell me," zach agreed, "don't worry, i'll get a janitor here to scrub off that spray paint."

"wait, please don't leave me..." elena mumbled, watching zach speed-walk away.

june, jack, and jonah appeared by elena's locker, and jack mumbled, "holy shit... who did that?"

"i-i don't know," elena stuttered, "i thought things like this only happen in movies... i didn't think it could happen to me."

"you're not a slut, el," june pointed out, "i don't get why someone would do that."

"m-me either," elena agreed.

zach returned to elena's locker with a janitor following him. he wrapped his arms around his girlfriend, and said, "hey, it's okay. whoever did that is stupid, and they think that what they did was probably the funniest shit ever. i love you... please don't let this psych you out. the person who did that doesn't know how great you are, but i do. i know you're amazing, okay? i love you."

"it's fine, zach," elena responded, her voice so quiet it was practically a whisper, "i just don't really want to think about it."

zach nodded, "i'll walk you to homeroom, okay?"

the couple walked down the halls, and many teases and whispers were directed toward elena. many people called out easy elena to her, and the dark-haired girl tried her best not to breakdown in front of everybody.

-

lunchtime came around, and many of the freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors of pineland high school had gathered into the cafeteria. elena was terrified to walk into the lunchroom since she was expecting to be made fun of by random people.

just as expected, once elena and zach were in the lunch line to purchase food, a group of jocks were standing behind them and bothering the couple.

"hey, it's easy elena!" a jock remarked.

zach whispered to elena, "just ignore them, okay? pretend they're not even here."

"hey, easy elena, is it true you fucked zack paterson over ten times?" another jock asked, "he told me all the details after the bonfire."

"did you guys know that easy elena is a top?" another jock brought up, "she looks like a bottom to me."

"i'd lowkey hit that," another jock chuckled, "too bad she's with horny herron."

zach immediately turned around, "excuse me?"

"oh my gosh, it's horny herron!" a jock dramatically gasped, "is it true you gave elena std's?"

"what the fuck?" zach scoffed, "elena and i have never done anything like that... okay? can you guys stop being a bunch of dicks? oh wait... i guess that must be too difficult."

all of the jocks laughed, and one of them said, "you think you're so tough now, don't you? guys, now that zach's not mute anymore, he thinks he's so much better than all of us."

"just stop, okay?" zach requested.

"whatever," one of the jocks scoffed, walking out of the lunch line with his friends following.

zach turned back around to face elena, and she looked like she was on the verge of crying, "don't let this get to you, ellie. you're a fantastic person, so don't let them make you think otherwise."

the girl nodded, and picked up her lunch tray to bring to their usual table. the other three watched the couple head to the table, and jonah noticed how down elena seemed, "hey, elena, are you okay?"

the dark-haired girl slowly nodded, "y-yeah... just a bit frazzled because of everything that's been happening today."

"i still don't get why someone would do that," june brought up, "they think you've slept around with tons of guys, and that's not even true."

"i think what zack paterson said at the bonfire made everyone think that elena's some type of slut," jack added.

"what's annoying too is that they're starting to call me horny herron," zach scoffed, "it's not anyone's business, but ellie and i have never fucked, so it's just so infuriating that people are saying she has std's from me."

elena cleared her throat, "uh, can we not talk about this? i kind of just want to eat."

"yeah, of course," zach replied, kissing elena on the left side of her forehead.

leaving the cafeteria wasn't any better for elena. it got to the point when practically the entire student body was chanting easy elena and horny herron.

being publicly humiliated was something the two weren't used to, especially zach. in fact, he was never used to being in the spotlight whilst elena was always popular. ever since elena came into zach's life, he never realized how open and prevalent he had become.

zach is now realizing that he's not as invisible as he thought he was.

...