seventy-five ☆ you lied to me

JUNE
of twenty-twenty

narrator's pov.

elena and zach were both relaxing on the couch. they were having a sleepover to celebrate zach's graduation, and the movie they were watching was just finishing up.

"so, how do you feel now that high school's over?" elena asked, sitting up from her original lounging position.

zach shrugged, "i guess i feel the same? i'm not really excited for college because my parents basically forced me into majoring in business."

"at least you'll be local," elena pointed out, moving closer to her boyfriend, "i don't know what i would've done if you were gone."

zach lightly laughed, and twirled elena's dark hair with his fingers, "you know, ellie, i was kind of surprised you weren't at my graduation."

"did you read my letter?" elena asked.

"i'll read it later," zach remarked, placing a kiss on elena's lips, "i just want to be with you right now. i went, like, three hours without seeing you. that's a very long time, ellie."

"zach," elena whined, placing her hands on zach's lips, "your parents are literally in the kitchen."

the brunet stood up, dragging elena with him. he said to his parents, "we're going to hit the hay."

"at nine o'clock on a friday night?" myta asked, laughing, "alright, you two can go upstairs and have your privacy."

hand-in-hand, the two headed up the stairs. when they were just at the top, zach took the opportunity to kiss his girlfriend again. elena pulled away, and whispered, "zach, what if, like, your siblings come out of their rooms and just see us kissing in the hallway?"

"doubt it," zach replied, "reese is sleeping by eight-thirty, and ryan is probably playing fortnite."

elena let out a small snicker, and slowly attached her lips with zach's. they kissed with such passion and intensity, and even a bit of lust.

once they made their way to zach's room, there was no going back. the door locked behind them, and the smashing of their lips turned into something more intense.

-

"holy shit, did that just happen?" zach asked, falling on his back next to elena.

"wow, it did," elena remarked, "that was the first time we did that together."

"crazy," zach added, "i had fun, ellie."

"me too, zach," elena agreed, placing a soft kiss on her boyfriend's lips, "i feel... uh, sticky. can i shower?"

"yeah, of course," zach answered, "i think i'm going to wash my sheets. they're a bit... splotched."

elena grabbed the towel on the nightstand next to her, and wrapped her bare body with the cloth. before she left for the bathroom, zach placed a kiss on her right shoulder, "you know... everything that just happened doesn't change my view on you. you've always been beautiful to me, ellie."