fifteen ☆ my darling, alayna jayne eastman

SEPTEMBER
of twenty-nineteen

narrator's pov.

"i'm going homecoming shopping with my friends this weekend, do you have any suggestions for me?" elena asked zach over facetime.

zach shrugged, "i think anything that makes you feel like yourself."

elena nodded, "good answer."

zach smiled, and went on paused so elena wouldn't see him blush. all of a sudden, he heard a song begin to play.

you can dance, you can jive. having the time of your life.

zach switched back to the facetime call, and saw elena in her messy bun, yellow oversized t-shirt, and black athletic shorts dancing her heart out to the 70's song as she folded her laundry.

zach laughed, "i love that song. ooh, see that girl, watch that scene. digging the dancing queen."

elena smiled at him, but her head shot up when someone barged into her room. she quickly muted herself, and flipped her phone so that zach couldn't hear or see anything.

zach's head tilted, and he couldn't help but wonder why elena reacted like that. he shrugged it off, and continued to work on his calculus homework.

"what were you smiling about, hon?" zach's mom asked, smirking.

the brunet jumped, "jeez, mom, you scared me."

"who are you talking to?" his mom questioned.

just like what elena did, zach muted himself and flipped his phone over, "um, someone."

"who is this... someone?" his mom continued.

"she goes to oakland," zach added, hiding his grin from his mother.

"oh, so this person is a she?" his mom teased, "i haven't seen you smile like that in a while. do you have a crush on this... she?"

"mom!" zach groaned, earning a laugh from his mother.

"as long as you're happy, zachary, so am i. i'm glad to see you're getting over the past," his mom remarked.

"she's not the same as my darling, alayna jayne eastman," zach whispered to himself, his mom walking away from the entrance of his room.

...

a / n :

i wonder who alayna eastman is ;)