twenty-six ☆ anatomy project

OCTOBER
of twenty-nineteen

narrator's pov.

"what should we do for our anatomy project?" elena asked her two partners.

"we should make a digestive system," corbyn suggested.

"yeah, but that's so basic," rosaline criticized, "i already heard two other groups talking about making one."

"no, you didn't let me finish," corbyn groaned, "i'm talking about an edible digestive system."

"that would be pretty ironic," elena mentioned, "we'd end up digesting a digestive system."

"how would we make it?" rosaline asked.

"we make a chocolate cake base, and we decorate it with gummy worms, chocolate pearls, and a bunch of other candy to resemble parts like the intestines, liver, and pancreas," corbyn answered.

"i hate you for being smart," rosaline scoffed.

"you're just mad that i get better grades than you," corbyn remarked.

rosaline rolled her eyes, "as if! last year, i got a ninety-seven in chemistry, and you got a ninety-four."

"okay, fine, but that's the only thing you have over me," corbyn declared, "ever since we were young, i've always had higher grades."

"you wish!" rosaline groaned, "my class rank is higher than yours."

"yeah, by one spot," corbyn added.

"that still does make me smarter than you," rosaline remarked, grinning.

elena cleared her throat, "okay, how about this? you are both smart, but rosaline edged you out by her class rank."

"he just doesn't want to accept it," rosaline teased.

elena looked back down at her rubric, "this project is four parts. we have to submit four paragraphs explaining the system we picked, a mini slideshow, a poster board which gives a concise explanation of each organ in the system, and the extra credit portion."

corbyn rolled his eyes, "why is mrs. bryant assigning, like, four projects in one?"

"the extra credit can be the cake, and we can do that part all together," elena suggested, "however, i think we need to decide who's doing what for the mandatory parts."

"i call the slideshow!" corbyn announced.

"i wanted the slideshow!" rosaline complained, "whatever, i'll take the poster board."

"alright, i'll do the written part," elena stated, "oh, it also says that if we choose to separately work on certain parts, then that's what we're being graded on. for example, since i'm doing the paragraphs, i won't be graded for the slideshow."

elena was a bit nervous to do the written portion. writing was never her forte, and she exceeds more in artistic work. she didn't want to somehow upset rosaline or corbyn by asking to switch their roles, so she just kept what she had.

however, she would soon regret her decision.

...