sixty-eight ☆ maybe it was a mistake

MAY
of twenty-twenty

narrator's pov.

after what felt like five years at school, elena was finally able to go home. since she got her license, zach didn't have to drive her places as often.

the two walked out of the school and into the parking lot, and zach asked, "do you want to come over?"

elena shook her head, "i think i'm just going to head home. karen might need me to watch griffin."

zach nodded, and wrapped his arms around his girlfriend. he placed a sweet kiss on the top of her head, and said, "you know you're amazing, right?"

"i guess," elena replied, "i'll probably text you later, okay?"

before elena released from the embrace, zach planted a kiss on her plump lips, "i love you."

elena plastered on a smile, and said, "right. see you tomorrow?"

the dark-haired girl hopped in her car, and drove away to her house. when elena walked inside, she immediately noticed the dirty dishes piled up in the sink, and all of griffin's toys on the floor.

karen walked out of the laundry room carrying a basket of clothes. once she saw elena, she said, "i told you last night to do the laundry!"

"i-i'm sorry, karen," elena apologized, "i fell asleep."

"i don't want to hear any excuses, young lady," karen declared, "i want you to wash the dishes, clean up griffin's toys, and either cook something for dinner or ask your father to buy food."

"why can't griffin clean up his toys?" elena mumbled.

however, karen heard what she said, and immediately slapped her across the face, "don't you dare talk back to me, elena!"

"i-i'm sorry," elena apologized again.

after washing the dishes and cleaning up her stepbrother's mess, elena began to cook dinner. she looked inside the refrigerator, and there weren't many ingredients to make a decadent meal. however, she didn't want to bother her father, so she tried to work with what she had.

luckily, elena found pasta noodles and butter, so she quickly whipped up a simple dish. griffin came running out of his room with a toy in his right hand, and a chocolate chip cookie in his other, "hey, elena!"

"hi, griff," elena greeted, noticing the treat in her stepbrother's hand, "griffin, you're not allowed to have dessert before dinner. give me the cookie."

"no!" griffin whined, "i'm a big kid, i don't have to listen to you."

"griff, you're five years old, and i'm seventeen," elena pointed out, "i think we both know who's boss here."

"are you making sweet and sour chicken?" griffin asked, earning himself a head shake from his stepsister, "you're the worst sister ever!"

the five year old boy stomped out of the kitchen and back into his room, but elena couldn't stop thinking about what he had called her. you're the worst sister ever replayed in her head, and even though she knew that griffin was just being a dramatic five-year-old, she couldn't help but feel hurt.

once elena finished cooking dinner, she headed to her room. finals were coming up, and elena wanted to spend as much time as possible to study. before pulling out her textbooks, she scrolled through her social media.

-

liked by elenasvlogchannel, morejune, corb0nebess0n, and 39 otherspresleyforpres made some pretty sexycupcakes with my bff'stagged: corb0nebess0n, friskydiskydaniel, and getoutofmygardenview all 12 comments

presleyforpres made some pretty sexy
cupcakes with my bff's
tagged: corb0nebess0n, friskydiskydaniel,
and getoutofmygarden
view all 12 comments...
friskydiskydaniel and they tasted BOMB
morejune spare me one 🥺
corb0nebess0n STRAIT FYAH 🔥🔥
getoutofmygarden 😋
load more comments...

-

elena thought she was used to seeing her old friend group hangout without her, but this time around it struck her more than ever. all of the bad situations that happened to elena that day kept popping up in her head, and the tears she had been holding in for the past few hours finally fell.

to make matters even worse, someone took a photo of elena's locker before zach tore down the pictures and posted it online. easy elena and the bikini photos had made their way to the internet, and elena's phone blew up regarding her public humiliation.

she thought that attending pineland high school would be better since she'd be with zach all of the time, but it was truly the complete opposite.

"maybe it was a mistake," elena sobbed, staring at her cellphone which showed countless images of her defaced locker, "i should have never left oakland."

...