sixty-six ☆ did you love him?

MAY
of twenty-twenty

narrator's pov.

meanwhile on the third floor, zach and elena had arrived back in their hotel room. there was an awkward tension filling the air, but both of them were too nervous to point it out.

as zach was brushing his hair, elena snuck her arms around his torso and laid her chin on his left shoulder, "you know i love you, right?"

the brunet boy placed the hairbrush down and turned around to face the girl, "of course i know, elena."

"you're upset," elena sighed, "most of the time you refer to me by my full first name when there's something wrong."

zach shrugged, "i don't know. it sounds stupid, but i guess zack intimidated me?"

elena laughed, "zack? he's a jerk... you shouldn't be intimidated by him."

zach walked over to their bed, and took a seat, "elena, i want you to tell me the truth. did you love him?"

"i'm not really sure," elena admitted, "zack and i dated for over two years, but we were so young when we first started going out. i was kind of convinced i'd end up marrying him, but that's obviously not what happened. i don't know... i guess i was so obsessed with the idea of love."

"oh, okay," zach replied.

"zach, can you tell me what else is bothering you?" elena requested, "i want us to be honest with each other."

"i know i shouldn't feel like this, but yes, i am jealous of zack. you two have spent a long time together, and it just sucks to know that any of my firsts with you... you've already had that with him," zach admitted, "you're my first girlfriend, elena. how can i compete with over two years of history? we've only been dating for, like, two months."

"and those two months were the best two months of my life," elena remarked, "i've never smiled as much with zack as i have with you. i've never spent so much time with anyone as i have with you. zach, i've never loved someone as much as i love you."

zach grinned, "i really needed that."

"you have nothing to be jealous of. sure, zack was my boyfriend for two years, but i'd rather spend only a second with you than another two years with him," elena reassured.

she placed her lips against zach's, and the brunet boy chuckled, "wow, i still can't get over how you guys had sex a bunch of times."

elena rolled her eyes, but still snickered, "he might have stolen my virginity, but at least you stole my heart."

zach laughed at her joke, and turned the lights off. however, when they both pulled the covers over, they weren't facing each other like they normally would.

even though they cleared the air, it still seemed like everything was wrong.

...

a / n :

uh oh... zalena drama?