seventy-six ☆ this drama is so exhausting

JUNE
of twenty-twenty

narrator's pov.

on the other side of town, the oakland group was reflecting on the past year over group facetime. they talked about the ups and downs, and what the future would possibly hold for them all.

"i'm so relieved you guys are just going to college in utah," presley remarked.

"if princeton accepted me than we'd be having a different conversation," daniel laughed, "but, seriously... we all went through a lot this year."

"presley and i stopped being friends for a period of time," corbyn started.

"there was an entire love pentagon basically the whole year," presley pointed out.

"i broke up with the guy who i thought i'd be with forever," rosaline added.

"i fished a photo of jonah and rose out of a garbage can," daniel recalled.

"i fake-dated a girl because i was jealous of jack," corbyn chuckled.

"corbyn and i became best friends again," presley brought up.

"daniel and i got in a physical fight with jonah and jack," corbyn stated.

"we let go of someone we thought we'd be friends with... forever," rosaline sighed.

after rosaline brought up what happened with elena, everyone remembered the day of the massive blowup. luckily, daniel brightened the mood by saying, "...and then we forgave her. well, most of us did."

"wow, i wonder who didn't move on from everything," presley sarcastically replied.

"speaking of you and elena, what happened when you guys were sitting in the stands at the ceremony?" rosaline asked.

"we agreed to put everything behind us just for those two hours," presley answered, "we didn't want you guys to have a bad graduation if elena and i ended up arguing."

"didn't it feel nice, though?" daniel questioned, "it had to have felt nice that you and one of your best friends reconciled even just for a few hours."

presley sighed, "you're right, daniel. it was nice that the drama was put aside for a little bit."

"you obviously still care for her since you were concerned on prom night after the punch got poured on her," corbyn mentioned, "come on, pres, i think it's time you and elena have a proper conversation about everything."

"i-i think i'm ready," presley remarked, "this drama is so exhausting, and to be honest, i really miss our original group. i'll admit that these past few months haven't been the same with her gone."

"shoot her a text tomorrow morning and ask to meet up with her," rosaline suggested.

and so, presley did just that. once it was the following morning, the first thing she did was text elena.

-

presley 🧸:
hey elena

elena 🌻:
hey presley

presley 🧸:
do u think we
can meet up
and talk?

presley 🧸:
maybe at royal
berry bowls?

presley 🧸:
about everything...

elena 🌻:
yea of course

elena 🌻:
how does sunday
at 4pm sound?

presley 🧸:
that works

presley 🧸:
okay see
you then!

elena 🌻:
(:

...