sixteen ☆ two worlds have just combined

SEPTEMBER
of twenty-nineteen

narrator's pov.

"besides jonah and me, who else is going with someone for homecoming?" rosaline asked her friends, walking around in the mall.

"pres and i are going together, like every year," corbyn remarked, putting his arm around his best friend.

"what about you, daniel?" rosaline inquired.

"i'm flying solo," daniel answered, "maybe i'll fall in love with a pineland girl."

"how about you, elena?" presley questioned.

"actually... i am going with someone," elena declared, earning gasps from her friends, "you guys don't know him."

"who is he?" corbyn queried.

"he goes to pineland," elena answered, "i can introduce you all to him at the dance."

meanwhile, on the other side of the mall, there were four people also looking for their homecoming outfits. ever since zach started hanging around with elena, he had become more likely to hang out with his friends.

i feel like i know someone that's going to be here today, but i don't remember who, zach thought to himself.

"should we go to jenny's fits or dress&suit?" june asked her friends, contemplating what store to go to.

"dress&suit has better ties," jack replied.

"i stand with jack," jonah agreed, high-fiving the boy to his left.

"well, i always thought jenny's fits had higher quality dresses compared to dress&suit," zach mentioned, "if you think about it, we can always wear the same suits with different ties, but girls tend to wear different dresses. i think it's more important for june to find something she likes."

"now this is why i like zach better than the both of you," june remarked.

zach slightly smiled, and continued to walk with his friends toward jenny's fits. little did they know, the oakland friend group was already looking around in the same store.

if zach had never met elena, he wouldn't have the courage to speak out his opinions, even to his friends. however, the real reason why zach suggested to go to jenny's fits was because it was right next to the craft store. whenever zach goes to the pineland mall, he likes to go to the craft store and hang around the fake flower section. he especially loves analyzing the sunflowers.

as presley and rosaline were looking around for dresses and daniel and corbyn were on the other side of the store finding ties, elena couldn't help but feel the urge to go to the craft store. just like zach, she always goes to the craft store when she visits the pineland mall.

"do you guys mind if i... go to craft store really quickly?" elena asked.

"yeah, go for it," rosaline replied, her main focus on the mini red dress she held in her hands.

elena smiled, and dashed next door to the craft store. she quickly headed to the fake flower aisle, and lightly stroked the decorations such as the roses, lilies, peonies, and sunflowers.