Thirteen

(A/N) Linked Johnny and Kenzie's cover up there, because it's so cuteeee! If you haven't watched it, WATCH IT... and if you  have, watch it (or listen to it) again, because it never gets old ;)

Johnny's POV

"Isaak, what are you doing here?" Kenzie yelled. Who did he think he was?

"You know this son of a bitch?" She realized that I was on the ground, and her mood evidently dropped even more after seeing my bruised face.

"Johnny!" Tears were now rolling down her eyes. 

"Yeah, I'm her boyfriend!" Isaak yelled, answering my question.

"EX BOYFRIEND! In case you've forgotten, you fucking cheated on me!" Kenzie yelled.

"Yeah? Well, if it wasn't for this idiot, you'd be running back to me!" Isaak countered. He turned back to me, probably getting ready to throw another punch.

"NO! Don't hurt him! Please!" Kenzie said, running next to me. She held my hand tightly and a few tears rolled down. I was ice cold, and my face was really bad. I didn't want her to see me like this. 

"Y-You want to protect him?" Isaak chuckled. What the fuck did he find funny about this situation?

"Isaak, please! Please. I'll do anything, just don't hurt Johnny." Her words turned into whispers, and as she said the last words, Isaak seemed to be happy. 

"Anything, you say?" 

"Yes. But you can't touch Johnny. I... Just don't touch him." I really wanted to know what she was about to say, but I knew now was definitely not the time.

"How about this?" he smirked, before grabbing Kenzie and pulling her up. He pushed her against the wall and forcefully smashing his lips against hers. Kenzie let out a small whimper, and that broke my heart.

"Kenzie, no!" I yelled. She couldn't do that to protect me. She can't be that nice. She has to put herself first, and doing that with him, isn't putting herself first. Isaak pulled away from Kenzie, and now her tears were flowing like an ocean. He looked at me devilishly.

"Johnny, Johnny, Johnny," he tutted, shaking his head. "You never learn, do you?" He raised his fist and punched me in the face. Hard.

"No! You said you wouldn't hurt him!" Kenzie yelled. She kneeled at my side once again and rubbed my face, her fingers brushing lightly over the bruises. "I'm so sorry, Johnny. I didn't mean for this to happen. You're hurt, and I'll never forgive myself for this happening to you. I'm sor-"

"Kenz, it's okay. Go, save yourself. Don't worry about me." I smiled weakly.

"No, Johnny, I can't do that."

"Yes, you can. And that's what you will do." Isaak pushed Kenzie away, and she fell back onto the couch. I can't believe she dated him. Kenzie's... Kenzie. Sweet, caring, funny, outgoing, pretty Kenzie, and Isaak's a fucking son of a bitch. They're complete opposites, and although there's a saying that says 'opposites attract' that would be false in this case. It would never work. 

Isaak turned to me and started throwing punches. A lot of punches. But i didn't fight back. I couldn't fight back. It would only make it worse for Kenzie, and that's the last thing I wanted. I can take this. I will. For Kenzie.

The last thing I heard was a smash, before everything went black.

Kenzie's POV

Lauren. I had been so preoccupied by Johnny getting hurt, that I forgot Lauren was standing there. And Lauren, being the smart ass she was, went outside, got a piece of wood from the shed and hit Isaak with it, causing him to fall to the floor with a loud smash. I'll never be able to thank her enough for that. I looked at her gratefully when I saw that Isaak had passed out, and then immediately ran to Johnny.

"Johnny!" I put his hand in mine and put my hand on his cheek. "Johnny, please wake up." My tears were rolling faster than ever. He couldn't leave me. He couldn't. I needed him. "Please."

Lauren ran to my side shortly after and checked his heartbeat, tears also falling from her green eyes. "He's breathing, so he's not gone, Kenzie. It'll be fine." She stood up to go call the ambulance. 

One thing was still bugging me though.

"Lauren?" I asked, once she had finished the call. 

"Yeah?"

"Why do you think John didn't fight back?" I said, still looking at the beautiful boy in my hands. 

"Huh. I don't know. You'll have to ask him if he wakes up-"

"When, Lauren. When he wakes up." She smiled at me and nodded, before going outside to wait for the ambulance.

"Johnny, I need you to wake up for me. Not now, but you have to. For me. I need you, John. I-I can't imagine life without you. So please. Please wake up," I cried. It was true. In the short time we'd had together, he'd become everything to me. Which is why I'd do anything for him to wake up. And he will. He's strong, the strongest I know. And he will make it. He has to.

I love him.

(A/N) Aww did you guys enjoy that chap? Andddd how about that heart achingly cute cover they did? I literally cried while writing this, by the way. Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed. Next chap out tomorrow! Love you all, more than you know! Vote and Comment!

Oh, and if you guys have any ideas for the story, comment them and I'll try to (key word- try!) incorporate your ideas :)