Twenty Two

Kenzie's POV

As soon as I saw it, I left. The love of my life kissing someone I absolutely hated. It pained me, inside and out. He was just perfect, and that she came and ruined it all. Or, maybe it was me. I guess I never really was good enough for him. He wanted more. I knew it was too good to be true. I raced out, ignoring Johnny's calls, and into Danny's car, telling him to take me back home. Back to LA. Which was where I was now.

I walked into my house and put my stuff away, immediately calling Annie and telling her to come over, which she did gladly.

"Kenzie! Oh my god, i missed you so much!" she said, pulling me into a hug. "So, how's Johnny?" She gave me one of her cheeky smiles.

"What? I-I didn't even tell you about him..." I said nervously. I thought coming here I would be able to forget about Johnny. I guess I was wrong.

"Oh, please. Everyone knows about you two. You guys are like the top ship on Insta lately."

I sighed. "Well, whatever. There isn't much to tell anyway..." I said, falling onto my bed.

"What do you mean?"

"It doesn't matter-"

"Yes, yes it does. Tell me. Kenzie, I'm here for you."

I felt tears in my eyes at the memory, and I explained everything that happened to her. 

"Oh, Kenz." She rubbed my back.

"It's fine, Anns. I'm here now, and he's there."

"But, Kenz. It does matter if you still love him, you know that, right?" she asked.

"Yeah... I don't even know anymore, Annie. I-I was all over him for the longest time, and all the sparks were there and everything... but then Nadia arrived, and I saw them kiss, and... and I just don't know. I guess I do still love him, but knowing he doesn't love me..." I trailed off. 

Annie didn't ask anymore questions, and instead understood what I meant, giving me a sympathetic smile.

But I didn't want her pity.

I wanted Johnny.

I woke up the next morning to see 113 messages from Johnny, and 32 missed calls. And one from Danny.

Danny| Come to the studio when u wake up :)

I groaned and got up, changing into some comfortable clothes, before making my way to the studio.

When I arrived, I went to Danny's office, not bothering to knock and slumping down on a seat.

"Kenzie, hey!" he said. "How does it feel to be back?"

"Dan, I really don't have time for this. Cut the crap."

"Okay," he sang. "Well, I was thinking you could start your song now that you're back home..."

I sighed. "Fine. Fine, I'll do it when I get home. Was that really worth calling me all the way to the studio?"

He shrugged, and I shook my head, making my towards the door. Then I stopped, turning back around.

"Here," I said, handing Danny a 100 dollar bill.

"What's this?"

"I bet 100 bucks that I wouldn't enjoy the country. Well, I was wrong. I enjoyed most of it." I smiled as I remembered the most part of my trip. The good parts.

"Kenz, keep it. I told you, I don't want your money."

"Okay. Well, I'll go work on that song then."

"Good. Come back in two days with the finished piece."

I nodded, and walked back out.

I sat on the edge of my bed, holding a pencil and notebook. Most of the songs that I write myself, I don't want to release. I always have a part of me that tells me they aren't good enough, so I leave the song writing to the professionals, and I just do the singing. But then there was that time I wrote a song back when I was in the country, and Johnny told me that I was good, and how much that meant to me. How much he meant to me. So I told myself to write it for him.

Johnny. I missed him already. I knew he didn't love me, but my heart didn't surrender him. I couldn't give up him, after all, he never gave up on me. Until she appeared. I only now realized how much I missed him, thinking so much about him. His eyes, his hair, his voice.

What if I told you that I love you? 
Would you tell me that you love me back?
What if I told you that I miss you?
Would you tell me that you miss me back?

I wrote it all down as I thought about him. He was perfect, he really was. He always knew just what to say to me, and how to pick me up when I was down. How he would know exactly what I was feeling, without me even saying anything. 

What if I told you that I lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-love you? Yeah
What if I told you that I need you? (Need you, need you)
Would you tell me that you need me, too?
What if I told you that I lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-love you?

It really hurt, how he made me feel so special, and I trusted him. I trusted him with my whole life. Then he told me he loved me, but in the end, the words were just a joke to him. I don't want to go up to him and say that I miss him, because he wouldn't care. He doesn't care about me. Not anymore.

Ay, when you told me that you'd love me
Was I a fool to believe in you?
When you told me I was special
Was I dumb for trusting you?
When you told me that you want me
Did you really want me?
Or was this all a joke to you? 
I don't wanna say, "I miss you"
If I don't know that you miss me back 
I don't wanna say the wrong thing
If I do, there's no coming back

What if I told you that I need you? 
Would you tell me that you need me, yeah?
If I'd tell you all my feelings 
Would you believe me, yeah?
What if I told you that I lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-love you? 
Yeah, what if I told you that I lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-love you?

I wish I told you that I loved you
Now it's too late, you have someone new
I hope she loves you like I do
Do you love the way she's treating you?

What if I told you that I love you?
Would you tell me that you love me back? (Me back)
If I told you that I miss you
Would you tell me that you miss me back? (Me back)What if I told you that I need you?
Would you tell me that you need me, yeah?
If I tell you all my feelings
Would you believe me, yeah?

What if I told you that I lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-love you? Yeah
What if I told you that I need you?
Would you tell me that you need me, too?
What if I told you that I love you?

There. I had just written a whole song about him. About Johnny. It was true. I needed him with me, and I couldn't deny it. 

Oh, Johnny, what are you doing to me?

(A/N) Hey, guys. Sorry, this chap was kinda messy... And I know that isn't Kenzie's song. It's called 'What if I Told You I Love You' by Ali Gatie, and I linked at the top, but just pretend she wrote it, for the sake of this horrible story. Hope you guys enjoyed anyway! Also, let's talk about John's new song... IT'S SO GOOD!!! He's really progressed as a singer, and I'm so proud of himmmm. I'll link it in the next chap :)

Anyways, love you all so much! Vote and Comment!