Eighteen

Kenzie's POV

It had only been one night, and I was already missing Johnny like hell. Everything about him I loved, and everything about him I missed. His fluffy hair, his emerald eyes, the feeling of his soft lips on mine... I would give anything to kiss him again. 

I couldn't help but blame myself for the fact that he was in jail. And it was. If I had just written the damn song, everything would be fine. Lauren and John would be here, and we could go on living our lives, hopefully together. But because of me, that isn't happening. Why did I have to be so damn selfish?

It took me all of my effort to pull myself out of bed, but once I remembered that I'd be going to visit John today, I rushed. I threw on a pair of jeans and a cropped top, before racing to the living room, where Danny was watching his phone.

"Ah, Mackenzie! Finally decided to work on the song, have we?" he asked, looking up.

"No, Danny, I told you. I'm not doing that stupid song until I get John back. Now, can you please drive me to the jail?" I asked hurriedly, glancing at the clock. It was 10:50 AM, and I wanted to go at exactly 11 to get all the time possible with Johnny.

"Um, I can, but why?"

"Don't you dare play dumb, you know exactly why! I wanna see them, Danny! Lauren... she's my best friend, and Johnny's... Johnny. I love him, Danny, and he's nothing like Isaak."

He sighed. "Okay, fine." He stood up and grabbed his keys off the counter, and I had an idea.

"Oh, and while we're at it, you're gonna explain to the officers that they're innocent-"

"Kenz-"

"Danny! You're gonna do just that, because you know it's true! They were giving me a place to stay! I told you what happened. You're gonna tell them, otherwise I'm telling my mum what you did, and trust me, she won't like it." I gave him a stern look.

"Fine. But seriously Kenz, they're just slowing you down. Which is why, when Isaak told-"

"Isaak told you?!" I yelled. He nodded, as if that was obvious. I couldn't believe that son of a bitch. He set me up, so Johnny wouldn't be in his way, and he could get me back. I have no words whatsoever.

i got in the car silently, half angry at the whole Isaak issue, and half excited to see John.

I took a deep breath before walking into the police station. I went to the front desk and saw a middle aged woman.

"Hi, um, I'm here for visiting hours," I said nervously.

"Of course," she started, looking at her watch. "Who would you like to see?"

"Er, Johnny and Lauren Orlando. They were brought here yesterday."

"Oh, yes. Right this way." She led me to a room and told me to sit down, and as I did, I saw her tell an officer to go get them.

"They'll be here in a second. Just wait here." I smiled at her as she left, and I looked around. It wasn't a small room, but it wasn't huge either. Enough room for a few chairs and a table. I heard a knock on the door which brought me back to reality. I saw Lauren enter the room, and Johnny after her. Just seeing their faces brought tears to my eyes.

"Hey, Kenzie," Lauren said, as i stood up and ran to her, giving her a tight hug. 

"Lolo... I'm so so so sorry. You don't deserve any of this. I didn't expect any of this to happen, I just... I'm so sorry." I burst into tears. It was all my fault, and they had to suffer because of my lame choices.