Twenty One

Liked by johnnyorlando, laurenorlando, annieleblanc and 981, 256 others

@kenzie I still love you...

Comments turned off

Kenzie's POV

It had been one whole week since I had last talked to Johnny, and since Nadia turned up unexpectedly. It was fair to say I didn't exactly like her, because she had just taken away any chance of me and Johnny ever being together. And, I'd be lying if I said I didn't love John anymore. Because I do, and it confused me why it took so much longer for me to move on from him than all the other guys I dated, or even liked.

Johnny, being the naturally nice guy he was, let Nadia stay over, because she didn't have a place to stay. When everyone else wouldn't care if your ex was left alone, especially if they cheated on you, John was that much of an amazing person, and I admired that. Even though it's been a living hell for me with her here, it took guts to do what Johnny was doing.

I honestly don't know why I had so much hope that something would start between us. I was just a stranger to him a few months ago, and he was just being nice. At the most, we had become friends, and nothing more. That was evident now.

In the week I hadn't been with John, he started getting kinda close to Nadia. It hurt me, but I had to get over it, which was harder than it sounds. John was the only guy I had really fallen for, and now we didn't even have a friendship.

I reluctantly got out of bed and put on a sweatshirt. Lately I had been sleeping in till noon, and living off nothing but junk; the usual when you have just suffered a breakup. But, then again, Johnny and I weren't even dating, so I don't really know what I'd lost then.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, where Johnny and Nadia had been talking. Johnny had his hair all ruffled up, and it made him look crazy hot. Nadia was giggling uncontrollably, but she stopped when I walked in.

"Um, hi?" she said, as I walked to grab a glass of water. 

"Hey." It was safe to say I had no pleasure in talking to her, and the sooner I got out of there, the better.

"Um, Mackenzie? We were just about to go to the movies. Wanna join?" Johnny asked me. I looked at him, almost asking if he was okay, but his genuine smile didn't falter.

"Me?" I asked, gulping down the last of my water.

"Yeah. I'd like if you come, Kenz," John smiled, the smile I hadn't seen in a while.

"Um, no thanks. I'll pass. You guys go have fun." I grabbed a packet of chips and started towards the stairs.

"Please, Kenzie? I feel like we haven't talked in forever." Yeah, well, we haven't, since that bitch came around, I wanted to say, but decided not to. I forced a little smile at John, and then shook my head.

"No, really. I don't want to interrupt you guys. Go, have fun. We can talk later, John." He nodded, and then let me leave.

Maybe. Maybe, we'll talk later.

If I can have enough courage to see his face without crying, that is.

Johnny's POV

I walked into my room, sighing as I flopped onto my bed. I missed her so much. I can't help but think that if Nadia hadn't come, things would be different. Maybe Kenz and I would be dating already, or at least be friends. She was someone I never wanted to lose, but I felt as if I had already lost her partly.

I sat up and grabbed my guitar, which was leaning against the wall. The last time I had played this thing was at that talent show, when I realized I liked Kenzie. Before I went to jail, before I went to hospital, before I told Kenz I loved her, and before she told me she loved me. 

I started strumming a familiar tune, and began to sing a little.

"Honey
I'd walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you
Oh, honey
I'd walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you
Like it's the only thing I'll ever do-"

I stopped when I heard clapping. I looked up to see Nadia walking up to me.

"Oh, um, hey." To be honest, she was the last person I wanted to see right now. I wanted Kenzie, and only Kenzie.

"That was good, John. Really good." I remembered that time Kenzie had heard me singing 'That Should Be Me', and when she said the same thing.

"Oh, er, thanks, I guess..." She sat on the bed next to me.

"Have you thought about taking up singing? Like, as a career?" 

"I don't really know, Nadia. Kenzie once told me I should." I smiled, remembering our many enjoyable times together.

"Oh my god, do we really have to talk about her." I was startled.

"What do you mean? Nadia, I love her. Why don't you understand that?"

"John, what happened to us? We were such a powerful couple. I loved you, and you loved me. And now..." She shrugged.

This made me angry. 

"You wanna know what happened? You. Cheated. On. Me. Not the other way around. So, don't you dare ask me what happened to us, but let me tell you, there isn't an 'us' anymore. I love Kenzie now-"

I wasn't able to finish, when Nadia smashed her lips onto mine. I was shocked. It wasn't the type of kiss I had with Kenzie, it was forced. Before I had time to process what was happening, I heard the soft sound of crying. I pulled Nadia off of me aggressively and looked to the door, where I saw the love of my life, drowning in tears.

"Kenzie. Kenzie, I swear-"

Before I finished, she ran. I groaned loudly, before getting up and running towards her. Damn, she was fast.

"Kenzie! Kenzie, listen to me. I-I didn't kiss her, she kissed me!" I yelled, hoping she would just hear me out. She stopped and turned around.

"Whatever, John! I can't believe you would do that! Whatever we had, it's done!"

"No... No, you don't mean that." Tears were now stinging my eyes, and a few fell out.

"Yes! Yes, I do! I-I hate you! We're over, Johnny." She went into her room for a second and walked back out holding her suitcase. It was already packed? Maybe she knew this would happen. Maybe she knew I would fuck up.

She walked down the stairs and I watched through a window as she told Danny to drive her, which he did. I watched as Danny's black car drove away, down that hill where we first met, and into the distance.

Towards the airport.

(A/N) Aarrgghh, that bitch Nadia ruined it all!!! So, Kenzie is leaving, and John's stuck in the country with Nadia. What do you think's gonna happen? Hope you guys are enjoying this story so far... it's not that good, but please vote and comment! It really motivates me when I see people voting on chapters and commenting, but most of you are just reading, which puts me down a little. 

Huge thanks to @CookiesAreLife02 for supporting me this whole time. I've said it once, but I'll say it again. GO. FOLLOW. HER. Her stories are AMAZINGGGGG! Trust me. Read them.

Anyways, love y'all! Please vote and comment!