Sixteen

Kenzie's POV

"Danny? What are you doing here?" I asked, to see my manager at the door.

"I wanted to see you," he said. I was confused. Danny isn't the kind of person to 'want to see me'...

"Um, okay, come in, i guess..." I opened the door to let him in, and smiled. He didn't return it. Instead, he walked in blankly, his face expressionless, a few bodyguards following after him.

"So, Mackenzie. How has your song been going?" He seemed to be interrogating me, and he had an almost sly look on his face.

"What song- Oh..." It hit me. I completely forgot the reason I had come here in the first place-to write a song. I was so caught up in the Hayden and Johnny drama that it slipped my thoughts.

"You haven't been writing it, have you?" he asked. I slowly shook my head.

"What song? Kenz, who are these people?" Lauren asked.

I froze. "Hmm, Mackenzie, they don't know, do they?" I didn't answer Danny.

"What don't we know?" Lauren turned to me.

"Mackenzie, here, happens to be a world famous singer." I watched as Lauren and Johnny's mouths fell open. "She came here to write a song. But, obviously, she hasn't been doing that."

I hung my head low, feeling bad. For both not writing and not telling Lolo and John.

"And, may I remind you, holding celebrities captive is a serious charge." My head shot up at Danny's next words. 

"What? Danny, that's not what they were doing, and you know it!" I yelled, out of anger.

"Mackenzie, stay out of this. Were you, or were you not keeping Mackenzie Ziegler here?" he turned to Johnny.

"We were just-" Johnny got cut off.

"Stop. Were you, or were you not?" he repeated. A tear rolled down my eye.

John looked at me before answering. "We were."

"I'm sorry," I mouthed to him.

"I'm sorry. Johnny and Lauren Orlando, you have been placed under arrest-"

"What? No! You can't!" Danny put his hand out to stop me.

"-You have been placed under arrest until further notice." Tears were now streaming down my face, as the body guards started grabbing Lauren and John's hands. 

"Danny! You can't do this! They were helping me!"

"Kenzie..." John calmed, when Danny ignored me and walked out, with Lauren and her bodyguard. 

"John, I'm so sorry!" I cried.

"Kenzie, it's okay. It's okay." I didn't stop crying. "Hey, hey." He put his hands on my shoulder. "Listen to me-we will get through this, okay? I promise. I'll be fine."

I couldn't help it. I grabbed Johnny's collar and pulled him towards me, smashing his lips onto mine and capturing him in a kiss. It wasn't like the last kiss. It was more of a goodbye kiss. We pulled away and I left my hand on his face, staring into his eyes, trying to remember each and every single bit of him. He gave me his warm smile that somehow always made me feel better, but was useless in this case, except for the fact that I got to see him smile. For what felt like the last time. He quickly pulled me into a hug, planting a soft kiss on my forehead. Tears still streaming down my cheeks, he got pulled away by the body guard, and I was left there, standing in a puddle of my own tears.

Why does stuff like this always happen to me?

I watched as the red and blue flashing lights drove away, two of the most important people in my life inside of them. As they turned a corner, it felt like I was never gonna see them again. I was never gonna see John again. That thought in my head, I broke down right then and there, warm salty tears running down my cheeks rapidly. I couldn't live without, them... I couldn't live without John. He became everything to me, and no matter what, my heart will not give up on him. He means too much to me. I don't think I've ever loved a boy the way I love Johnny Orlando.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I immediately pulled away, knowing exactly who it was.

"How could you do this to me, Danny?! You know I loved him! They were just trying to help me!" I yelled, not being able to control my anger.

"Kenzie, I know that's how you feel, but trust me, it's for the best. Look, you didn't even get any work done. They were slowing you down-"

"You- Not everything is about work! I am allowed to have a life, Danny! I'm still a teenage kid, and I can live like one! That boy... that boy was everything to me. You have no idea how much he meant to me- I didn't know how much he meant to me, until today. I can't believe you would do that to me!" I yelled, running my hands through my hair in frustration. 

"Mackenzie, calm down, will you? Honestly, you know that you said the exact same thing about Isaak, right? Talked nonstop about how much you loved him and stuff?" I froze. How dare he say that. How dare he bring that son of a bitch into this.

I pointed my finger at him aggressively. "Don't you dare bring him into this! Johnny isn't like Isaak! I should have known, when I didn't feel the sparks, but they're there with John! So, if you ever even mention him, I will personally see to it that you never work with me again. Ever!"

I stomped into the house, slamming the door behind me and running up the narrow staircase to my temporary room. I flopped onto my bed, tears still falling. As much as I hated to admit it, he was right. Once again, Danny was right. I had said that exact sentence with Isaak. I had said that I loved each and every one of them, but how have they turned out? Just like the one before them. A failure. Sure, Johnny feels different, but isn't that how I felt with every one of them while I was still dating them? Isn't this the same situation? 

No. No, it isn't. Because Johnny's different, and I shouldn't have even let that thought into my head. I know for a fact that none of the guys I dated before would have cared  if my car had broken down and I was stranded in a place I had never been before. But John did. Even when he didn't know I was a millionaire, with a thriving career, he helped me, because that's just who he is. It's part of him. He's an amazing person, and I'm so lucky to have met him, because to be honest, it was just luck. If you think about, I am kind of lucky that my car broke down.

I stood up, trying to stay strong. Johnny wouldn't want me crying over him. He'd want me to keep going with my life. He promised that he'd be fine, and that he'd come back to me, so I just have to trust him. He doesn't break his promises, and he doesn't make promises he can't keep. That's just not who he is. I wiped my tears, my heart set on something. I had to get through this.

For Johnny.

(A/N) I cried while writing this... Really hate Danny in this chapter (btw, he's Kenzie's manager, in case you don't remember. I know some of you who didn't lol), but GO KENZ! I really admire people in real life for standing up for themselves, just like Kenz did in this. And I'm guessing you didn't expect that to happen, eh? Put some more Jenzie in there for y'all! Thanks for supporting me this far, I love you all (even though there's only like 10 of you or sum lol) Next chap out soon!