Twenty Seven

Kenzie's POV

I sat on my bed, deep in thought. It was 7, an hour before Johnny had told me to come meet him at the beach. I didn't know if I should go, and I didn't know how I felt towards him right now. I didn't hate him... but I didn't like him either. No matter how nice he was to me, it didn't change the fact that he hurt me. More than anyone had ever hurt me. 

I was still thinking when Lauren barged into my room.

"Hey, Kenz! What ya doin'?"

"Oh, er, nothing much." She tilted her head in confusion.

"Kenz, c'mon. I haven't known you forever, but I know you better than that. What's up?" She took a seat next to me.

I sighed. Lauren always got me. I guess that's just what best friends did.

"I-It's John." She frowned immediately.

"What did he do now?" I chuckled a little at how quickly her answer came.

"It's not what he did... more what he said."

"What was it, Kenz? Because I will fight him."

"No, it's not bad. I'm just unsure, I guess..." I said.

"Tell me. Maybe I can help."

"H-He asked me out-"

"Woo hoo! He finally manned up! You have no idea how long I've waited for this to hap-"

"No, not like that, Lauren!" I laughed.

"Like what, then? I just wasted my victory cheer for nothing," she humphed. 

"He asked me to meet him at 8, at the beach. He didn't tell me why, or anything else, actually. Just to meet him there."

"Sooooo, what's the big deal?"

"I don't know if I should go or not. I mean, he hurt me pretty hard, and I don't know what he's gonna say, or do. What if he hurts me even more? What if he says everything that happened with Nadia was the truth? What if-"

"Okay, okay, okay, that's enough 'what if's'!" Lauren paused me. 

"Sorry, Lolo. I just don't know what to do..." I looked at the ground.

"If you ask me, I say give it a go. I mean, for all you know, he could be doing the complete opposite. Plus, what's the worst that can happen? Him saying that he still loves Nadia? Well, then he can fuck off, because he would've lost the most amazing girl in this entire universe, and if he wants to play around with a bitch that broke his heart a million times, he can do that. You'll find someone else, and he'll treat you how you deserve to be treated."

I smiled when Lauren finished.

"What did I do to deserve such an amazing friend?" I pulled her into a hug.

"But remember Kenz, he may be hurting too." She got off the bed, walking away. "Everything that Nadia said could've been a lie. Give him a chance, Kenz."

Could've been a lie, could've been a lie, could've been a lie... it kept repeating in my head. She was right. It could've been a lie, and I wouldn't know. I never gave John a chance to explain, too scared of the answer. I decided what i was going to do.

I was going to meet John.

Lauren's POV

I walked out of Kenzie's room, proud. I knew what John was doing tonight; Plan B. It would work, I knew it would. John was going to get his girl back. It was really comforting knowing that I had helped, even in the slightest.