Twenty Eight

Kenzie's POV

I looked up to see the person who I once thought to be the love of my life standing before me. He was wearing a nice shirt with a pair of black ripped jeans, his hair brushed up, making him look too hot for me to not stare. 

"Thanks for meeting me here..." Johnny started, getting up and walking a little closer to me, until we were only a few feet away from each other.

"What did you want?" I tried to sound grumpy, but it was hard when I knew he had set this whole beautiful thing up for me.

"Could you... sit down?" he asked, gesturing to a chair he had placed under the trees, fairy lights hanging on the branches. I looked at the chair, and at him, before reluctantly taking a seat. I was still a little mad at him. But only a little.

"Kenzie, I'd like to start of by saying that you... you were, and still are, the most important person in my life." I couldn't hide the small smile that broke out on my face. "Believe me when I say I was just as shocked to see Nadia that day as you were. I swear on my life that I had nothing to do with what happened; I hadn't even talked to her since what happened between us. And that kiss, she did it, not me. I would never kiss her, Kenz. I don't need her, and you know why? I have you, and you're I'll ever need. You mean everything to me."

When he finished, I could feel my heart explode out of my chest, and a small tear roll down my cheek. If only I had given him a chance to explain, maybe none of this would've happened. I'm so stupid.

Johnny went to grab his guitar again, and stood in front of me.

"Kenzie, to show you how much I love you, I-I wrote a song for you." I gasped. He wrote a song for me? He wrote a song for me! Maybe he had known the song I released was about him after all... "I-I hope you like it."

I smiled to give him some comfort. He smiled back, before looking at his guitar, slowly starting to strum. 

"I see your picture every day and it hurts
You settle for second when I put you first
So girl pick your head up
You deserve more than you know
Believe when I tell you
You're so beautiful"

I was amazed to say the least. His voice was so beautiful, and comforting in a way. And the fact that he wrote it about me... it made me feel special, just like he used to make me feel.

"You deserve love
The kind that everyone searches for
So what about us?
I'll give you my heart and so much more"

That was all I wanted. For him to love me, and give me his heart. I wanted him to be mine more than anything. I still loved John, as much as I tried to put off my feelings, it was true. He was everything to me.

"Everything
I would give everything baby
'Cause right now you're driving me crazy
Tell me you wanna be with me
Oh yeah"

"You know you are one of a kind
I just wanna make you mine
I would give everything baby
Everything, everything trust me"

I sat there, mesmerized by his singing voice, but more importantly, the lyrics he was singing.

"How many times have you waited here by the phone?
Before you realize you don't need to be alone
No more staying home at night
With tears falling out of your eyes
I'm gonna be right by your side
Yeah-eah"

"You deserve love
The kind that everyone searches for
So what about us?
I'll give you my heart and so much more"

"Everything
I would give everything baby
'Cause right now you're driving me crazy
Tell me you wanna be with me
Oh yeah"