8: Obvious

🎶Stones taught me to fly...🎶

Chapter 8: Where's My Hair Gel?

(NIALLS POV)

It seemed perfect, everything. Dinner was amazing-Rocky can eat almost as much as Me, which surprised me. I cracked jokes twice as much as I normally do, just because I love hearing her laugh.

If you haven't guessed right now, I kind of have a biggggg crush on her. I had just told her a particularly cheesy joke when her phone rang. I recognized at as Michael buble's 'haven't met you yet'. This girl has good taste in music too!

"I have to take this." She apologized, getting up from the table. She disappeared into the hall, to take her phone call. As soon as she disappeared, Harry leaned over to whisper to me.

"Gosh Niall, don't be so obvious." Harry whispered. What?

"Uh, what?" I asked, confused.

"Niall James Horan, you know exactly what. You have a crush on Justin Bieber's stylist!" Harry cried indignantly.

"Whattttt? Pssh, nahhhh." I tried to protest, but knew it was useless.

"It's true." Zayn added.

"The way you look at her." Louis nodded. I let out a reluctant sigh.

"Is it that obvious?" I muttered.

"Yes." Liam and Rockys friend said in unison. What was her name...Kass. Letting out another sigh, I stood up.

"Well, I'm going to go see if she's ok. It's a big restaurant." I muttered. Shot, now everyone knows my crush on Rocky.

"Whatever you say..." Louis sang, wiggling his eyebrows at me. Okay...creepy. I walked out into the hallway, expecting to see Rocky chatting happily on the phone. Instead, I found her small figure crumpled to the ground, her back pressed to the wall. "Rocky?" I muttered, my forehead creased with worry. I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her back protectively

"It'll be ok." I whispered before I started to sing to her.

"Look at the stars, see how they shine for you..." I sang softly, calming her down. I barely paid attention to how right this felt, my arms around her small frame. Slowly she stopped sniffling.

"Are you alright, Rocky?" I murmered. She sniffled a little before nodding.

"Thanks Nialler. So much." She whispered, burying her face in my chest. Trying to control my racing heartbeat, knowing this wasn't the time, I cradled her into another hug.

"Whatever's wrong, I promise I'll try my best to make it better." I promised. And I meant it.