{1}

sam's pov whole story

"he's everything i have!" i screamed, watching as colby's lifeless body landed on the floor with a dull thud. i sobbed and sobbed and sobbed, just hoping he'd get back up. hoping he was ok. hoping he wasn't dead. i sobbed and screamed, trying my best to get out of the tight grip of rope on the chair. i clenched my eyes shut and i felt hands touch my wrists, tugging on the rope.
"what the fuck? what the fuck is this?" i screamed, trying to get away from.. colby?
"i'm ok, i'm ok, it was just a prank, i'm here," colby chuckled, untying me. i stood up and he pulled me into a tight hug, burying his head in my shoulder. i continued to cry onto him, both of us holding eachother tightly. even though the situation was so, so fucked up, i wished he'd hold me like this all the time.

"i can't believe you'd do that to him!" i heard elton yell at colby from his room. i was sat in the living room, curled up and pretending to be asleep.
"i'm sorry! i know an apology won't fix it but i am so fucking sorry! it hurts to know i hurt him so much, i didn't think it would be that bad. i'm really fucking sorry," i heard colby start crying himself. i had to admit, i didn't feel bad for him. of course, i had the urge to go and comfort him, but he hurt me, he made me think he was dead. i didn't know if i could ever forgive him. i heard footsteps come towards the room and i closed my eyes and regulated my breathing so it seemed like i was asleep.
"sammy, i am so sorry. i didn't mean to hurt you like i did," i heard colby mumbled and i felt a dip in the sofa beside me. his voice cracked and he sniffled, playing with my hair. that was an unexpected gesture, but i loved it. i smiled softly and he chuckled with a sigh, ruffling my hair softly and leaving the room.
"sam?" i heard corey's voice sound from next to me.
"hmm?" i hummed, opening my eyes.
"you ok?" he asked, colby stood in the doorway now.
"i-i will be," i sniffled, looking over at colby with a sad look, putting my head back on the sofa.
"sam, i'm so sorry," he started, walking back over to the sofa.
"sorry isn't good enough. i thought you were dead, colby! imagine how much that hurt me, colby. you're my best friend, and i thought you were dead," my voice cracked and i started sobbing again, hugging the cushion.
"i.." he started, and left the room speechless. the look on his face broke my heart; it was a face filled with regret, hurt and sadness. and i'd caused it. now i filled with regret, and jumped off the sofa, running after him as he made his way upstairs.
"just leave him, sam. let him think about what he's done," corey sighed, grabbing my wrist.
"no, he's thought about it enough, he's hurt!" i sniffled, pulling my wrist away and heading after him. corey sighed again, sitting down on the sofa. i continued on my quest to colby, catching up to him just as he closed his bedroom door. i knocked on it softly.
"yeah?" his voice broke as he called out.
"it's me, can i come in?" i sniffled, sighing.
"yeah," he mumbled. i walked into his room and he was curled up in a ball on his bed, crying into his covers.
"i-i'm sorry," i said quietly, sitting on the end of his bed.
"you have a right to be mad. i'm stupid, i'm a bad friend. i get it if you don't wanna talk to me," he mumbled, sniffling as he looked over at me.
"of course i want to talk to you colby, you're my best friend. some stupid prank isn't gonna change that. obviously you hurt me, a-and of course you can see that, but i'm not gonna let it get between us," i sighed, rubbing my eyes.
"o-okay," colby smiled softly, wiping away his tears.
"can i uh.. can i-i lay with y-you?" i asked nervously.
"yeah, of course," his soft smile turned into a big one as i made my way down to the other end of his bed.

(746 words)

omg this is my new book?? what did you think of the first chapter? :)