{11}

"sam?" i heard colby yell. shit. he must've been looking for me. i kept as still as i could so he wouldn't hear me, but failed, as he burst into the room with tear stained cheeks.
"oh my god, sam," his voice cracked as he approached me and i looked away angrily.
"please, just explain to me what you were saying when you left, i haven't been doing anything with anybody else, i wouldn't dream of it," he said confusedly, his hands finding their way to mine.
"b-brennen called me and told me y-you'd been kissing a woman a-at target, he sent me a p-picture and it looks e-exactly like you, and i d-don't know why i-i'd even believe it was y-you," i sobbed, him wrapping his arms around me.
"it's ok, it's ok. show me the picture," he sighed, kissing my forehead. i pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw 40 missed calls from him.
"i-i'm sorry," i mumbled, my hands shaking from cold as i looked for the picture.
"it's ok. we're less than a day into the relationship, there's obviously not gonna be a full amount of trust yet, and that's ok. but just know, i'd never do anything to hurt you, ever," he explained, playing with my hair.
"h-here," i passed him my phone to look at the picture.
"jeez, he does look like me, but it wasn't me. look, i only went to get a loaf of bread, he's got a whole basket full of stuff. and his boxers are armani, mine are calvin klein," colby explained the minor details that i should've picked up on.
"oh my god i'm so stupid. i'm sorry," i sighed, shaking my head and leaning into him.
"it's ok, baby. let's go home, you must be freezing," he sighed, standing up and holding his hand out to help me up.
"i am," my teeth chattered and my tears were practically frozen, but it wasn't him, that was all that mattered.

"i'm so, so sorry," i sniffled as colby draped a thick blanket over me.
"stop apologising for something that wasn't your fault, babe. it's ok," he sighed, wrapping his arms around me.
"colby?" i mumbled.
"yeah?" he mumbled back.
"i love you," i sniffled.
"i love you too," he chuckled happily. i rested my head on his shoulder as he held me on his lap, falling into a dreamless sleep.

i woke up to colby carrying me up the stairs in his arms, the gentle thud of his heartbeat next to my ear. i pretended to be asleep, colby falling for it.
"i wish people would quit trying to get inbetween us. i love you so, so much," he mumbled with a sigh, putting me down on his bed cautiously. i yawned and opened my eyes, pretending to have just woken up.
"sorry if i woke you. go back to sleep, babe," he smiled, laying next to me. i nodded and rolled over, my head almost touching the wall. he chuckled and wrapped his arms and legs around me from behind, kissing my cheek softly.
"let me sleep," i groaned with a giggle, kissing him.
"ok, ok, sorry," he chuckled, his head against my shoulder.

(549 words)

god y'all thought i'd let them have mad beef this early into the book?