{5}

that dull thud of colby's lifeless body was the sound that woke me up again. the second night in a row. i sniffled, quickly realising i was crying. i rolled out of bed and stood up, walking to my bedroom door. i creeped out of the room, across the hall to colby's room, and gently knocked on the white door.
"colby?" i sniffled, opening the door. inside there was no colby and i choked on my breath, starting to panic.
"colby?" i said a little louder, jogging down the stairs nervously.
"hmm?" i heard him hum from somewhere downstairs.
"where are you?" i asked, my voice cracking.
"i'm in the front room, i'm coming," he yawned, walking out of the front room as i approached it. tears filled my eyes once again and he wrapped his arms around me.
"what's wrong, sam?" he asked sadly, his arms tightly around me.
"w-well, i had the d-dream again, a-a-and the sound, t-the t-t-thud," i shook my head into his chest as he stroked my hair softly.
"c'mon, let's go upstairs," he voiced gently, keeping his hand over my shoulders as he guided me up the stairs.
"your room please," i whined softly, him nodding.
"lay down," he hugged me once and let me climb into his bed, pulling the covers over me.
"thank you," i mumbled, him wrapping his arms around me.
"you're welcome," he put a leg over mine and soon enough, i was asleep again.

"stop, everyone keeps waking him up. he had a bad dream. piss off, give him some peace," i heard colby mutter, along with feeling his fingers run through my hair.
"he's right, piss off," i mumbled, resting my head against his arm as i covered myself with his duvet.
"fine, whatever," aaron shrugged, walking away and closing the door behind him.
"goodmorning," colby chuckled.
"mornin'," i giggled, uncovering my face.
"y'know, the rest of the roommates think we're dating in secret," he chuckled a little more, looking into my eyes.
"i wonder why," i giggled, blushing as he brought a hand to my cheek and stroked the skin there gently.
"i wonder," he grinned, looking down to my lips and back up again.
"not yet," i giggled, shaking my head.
"it's so hard to resist," he sighed with a smile.
"i know, but i can't," i furrowed my eyebrows and climbed out of bed.
"what're you doing, it's warm with you here," colby groaned, sitting up.
"i'm going downstairs before aaron tells everyone we were having a quickie," i giggled, shaking my hair and shivering.
"it's freezing, hurry up," i whined, waiting for him to stand up.
"c'mere," he chuckled, standing up with his duvet around him.
"what?" i giggled as he draped half of it on top of me, the other half on him.
"just don't fall down the stairs," he laughed, the two of us shuffling downstairs.

"what the fuck?" elton laughed as we shuffled to the living room, flopping down onto the sofa with the cover over us.
"it's cold," i huffed, ruffling my hair.
"anyway, i'm taking you guys somewhere today, so get ready," he laughed, walking out of the living room.
"let's go get ready, i suppose," i sighed, pulling colby up with a giggle. the force of me pulling him up made him fly into me, knocking me onto the sofa on the other side of the room. his lips were millimetres from mine, and the temptation to kiss him was taking over my body. in the split second i was about to do it, aaron walked into the room.
"i was about to give you that kiss," i whispered, standing up and walking away from the room as aaron sat on the sofa. colby scoffed and followed after me, plodding up the stairs.

(643 words)

how do you get over someone?