{10}

"i'm gonna quickly go to target to get some bread, i want a sandwich, i'll be back soon," colby mumbled, kissing my cheek before standing up.
"ok. be quick," i smiled, watching as he put a pair of shoes on and walked out the door.
"so, what's going on with you and colby?" jake laughed, sat across the room.
"nothing, yet! we're just gonna let things go naturally and then see where it goes," i lied, pulling a blanket over me that me and colby were sharing before he left.
"i honestly think you two should get together. it's clear you like eachother, and obviously you don't wanna rush anything, but i don't think it'd affect you if you did. you two have such a strong bond, i doubt anything could come between you. you're made for eachother, bro, you can't deny that," he spoke his thoughts with a smile.
"god, i know. i love him, i really do. but i really don't want anything to separate us," i mumbled, pulling the blanket up to my face.
"you do whatever you feel comfortable with, but if it were me, i'd shoot my shot," he shrugged, laying his eyes back onto the tv. i listened to what he said and it sounded funny in my mind - we were already together, and he didn't know. we sat in silence watching the tv until colby got back, which was only a few minutes.
"i'm back and i have bread!" colby yelled walking in the house.
"could you make me a sandwich please?" i yelled back.
"yeah," he chuckled and i grinned to myself.
"thank you," i yelled back. my phone then rang, the person ringing being brennen. i furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and answered it.
(s-sam b-brennen)
s- hello?
b- sam?
s- yeah, that's me. what do you want?
b- has colby just been to target?
s- yeah, why do you ask.
b- i just saw him kissing some girl. do you know her?
s- you're bullshitting.
b- i'm not, ill send you a picture!
s- i still don't believe you.
b- i'll send you the pic now. i didn't go up to him because he seemed pretty busy.
s- send me that picture.
b- doing it now.

i hung up and looked at the picture. i shook my head in disbelief. it was from the side, so i couldn't really see his face, but it sure looked like him - same hair colour, same shirtless with grey joggers on like colby was.
"c-colby?" i felt myself tear up. he'd been playing me this whole time? did i even mean anything to him?
"yeah?" he yelled from the kitchen.
"if you're gonna kiss me and flirt with me don't go around kissing other people," my voice cracked as i spoke and i ran out of the door, hearing a faint, "what are you talking about?" from colby. i let the tears spill as i walked, letting my feet take me wherever they liked.

i'd been walking for about twenty minutes, when i ended up at the warehouse colby had taken me the day before. i turned the lights on with tears still streaming down my face, walking into the little room with the table and chairs. i walked to the corner of the room and slid down onto the floor, crying, sobbing. my phone had been ringing the whole time, colby. i saw his name and it hurt to look at. he'd been fucking with my feelings all this time? i never thought he'd do that, not in a million years.

but he did.

(605 words)

oooo tea