{15}

"i love you, i'm gonna miss you so much," i whined, hugging colby as tight as i possibly could.
"i love you more, i'm gonna miss you more, and c'mere," he sighed with a sniffle, kissing me passionately.
"i need to go now, ok baby? i love you, don't forget about me," he chuckled, kissing my forehead before giving me one last quick, tight squeeze.
"i love you," i laughed softly, tears spilling down my cheeks. i wasn't gonna see him for a whole week! what was i gonna do with myself? i gave him one final wave as he climbed onboard the plane, looking back at me sadly. i sniffled and turned away, walking back out to my car. i climbed into the car and put my head on the steering wheel, sobbing quietly. i had to get a hold of myself - he was gonna be gone for a week, i couldn't spend the week moping about.
"fuck, sam, get a hold of yourself," i muttered, wiping my eyes, letting out a sigh and starting the car.

"you ok?" jake asked as i walked back into the traphouse.
"yeah, i'm ok. i just miss him," i sighed, sitting on the sofa with a sigh.
"already?" he chuckled, sitting next to me.
"yeah," i frowned.
"do you need a hug?" he asked with a friendly nod. i nodded reluctantly and he pulled me into a massive bear hug, smothering me.
"that's enough," i giggled, him laughing and sitting back next to me normally.
"feel any better?" he asked.
"a little, yeah," i grinned, him ruffling my hair.
"good," he chuckled, going upstairs to his room. i followed and went into colby's closing the door and flopping down onto his bed. it smelled like me on one side, and him on the other. i laid on my side, just wishing he was there on the other. i took his pillow and swapped mine for his, so the smell of him would fill my senses. i pulled my phone out of my pocket and snapped a selfie of myself in his bed looking sad, put text saying
'missing you :( x' and sent it to him, knowing he wouldn't reply for at least another three hours due to being on the flight. i sighed and closed my eyes, falling asleep after the long day.

i woke up to my phone ringing next to me. i groaned and looked at it, the person calling being colby. i grinned sleepily and answered, putting the phone to my ear and rubbing my eyes.
"sam?" he said, sounding tired.
"colby," i giggled, just happy to hear his voice.
(s- sam c- colby)
c- hey! are you ok?
s- yeah, for now. i've just woken up.
c- sorry for waking you, i guess. i told my mom we're dating and she thought we were in high school, apparently, so that's great.
s- oh god (laugh). what time is it?
c- 11pm.
s- jesus, i went to sleep early.
c- i know, usually we go up to bed at 1am.
s- you know, we need to stop that. my sleep schedule has been so shit since sleeping in a bed with you.
c- well, you could always go upstairs before me.
s- i can't sleep without you here.
c- you must be able to, you were asleep before i called you (chuckle).
s- that's because i was probably crying and i know i can't have you here right now. when i know you're just downstairs, it makes me want you here right this second.
c- oh, i get you.
s- ... i miss you.
c- i miss you more. it's so strange being back in kansas. they've knocked down the old barn - that was the first place i went after going home.
s- that barn was so cool, honestly.
c- i know (laugh).
s- how's your dad?
c- i don't know yet. we're going to see him tomorrow because i got back so late. gage is coming home tomorrow, too.
s- the whole family's back together (giggle).
c- i know. it'd be so much better if you were here.
s- i feel like it's not really my place to be there, me and your dad never really got along anyway.
c- i know, i know. i just miss you so fucking much.
s- i miss you more. i literally had to give myself a pep talk in the drive back from the airport to stop myself from having a breakdown on the highway.
c- that's not good.
s- i know.
c- god, i just wanna hug you.
s- the feeling's mutual.

(772 words)

i think i've updated this three times today lmao is that a record for me