{4}

"shut up elton, he's sleeping," i heard colby mumble.
"ok but that's adorable!" elton laughed and i picked up my hand, sticking my middle finger up at the aged man with a smile.
"told you you'd wake him up," colby shook his head. i was still laid on top of him - i must've fallen asleep like that.
"what's the time," i yawned, looking up at colby.
"five pm," he chuckled, looking at his phone. i groaned with a whine, hiding my face in his chest as i heard cooing from the doorway.
"go away," colby chuckled, wrapping his arms around me. i giggled and wrapped my legs around him, my arms around his neck.
"can we go somewhere?" i asked, tilting my head to the side as i looked at him.
"where do you wanna go?" he questioned, stroking the back of my head.
"i don't know. where do you wanna go?" i giggled.
"where ever you wanna go," he laughed, playing with the back of my hair.
"let's go in the pool," i grinned, rolling off of colby and landing on the floor with a gentle 'oof'.
"are you ok?" he chuckled whilst i laid on the floor giggling.
"yeah, i'm ok," i grinned, jumping up.
"go get your swimming trunks and we can get in the pool. and i'm pretty sure it's gonna be freezing," he chuckled, stretching.
"oh well," i grinned, running upstairs.
"don't fall over," he chuckled, walking to the laundry room to get his. i was all smiley and goofy as i grabbed my hot pink swimming shorts, quickly stripping off and getting into them. i pulled the string and tied it into a bow, bouncing back downstairs.
"you ready?" he asked, now in a pair of black swimming trunks.
"mhm," i giggled, taking his hand and leading him out to the garden.
"what're you two doing?" corey yelled from his bedroom window.
"what do you think?" colby laughed, jumping into the pool. the freezing cold water splashed onto me, making me shiver.
"oh my god it's so fucking cold," colby shivered, his teeth chattering.
"yeah, i don't know if i wanna get in that..." i trailed off, peering over the edge of the pool nervously.
"c'mon," colby shivered with a chuckle.
"but it's cold!" i squealed, dipping my toe into the coldness beneath me. before i knew it, i was being pulled into the pool by colby's strong hands.
"colby! it's fucking freezing, let's go inside," i shivered, climbing out with a giggle.
"agreed," he chuckled, climbing out after me.

"i'm going to bed. goodnight," i yawned, patting colby's leg softly before i stood up.
"goodnight sammy. i'll be in my room soon if you need me," he smiled sweetly and i nodded, heading upstairs. the only place that seemed comfier than my bed in that moment was colby's arms. i sighed and shook my now dry hair, after a shower, and walked into my room, flopping down onto my bed.
"god, i love him," i mumbled to myself, before drifting into a seemingly dreamless sleep.

(513 words)

this ones a bit short. i've cried so much over stupid stuff in the last few days