{23}

"i'll see you later, i love you," colby chuckled, pressing his lips against mine.
"see you later. i love you too," i grinned, pulling away and letting colby go, closing the door behind him with a sniffle. i think i just had a cold, but it was a little worse. maybe the flu. i sighed and walked to the living room, laying on the couch and going on my phone.
"where's colby gone?" corey asked, sitting next to me.
"to a party," i mumbled, looking over at him.
"shouldn't he be looking after you?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.
"no, i told him to go, but i regret it. i feel better than yesterday, but still not well. but i don't wanna stop him from having fun," i sighed, looking at the ceiling.
"do you want me to call him and say you're feeling worse?" he asked.
"no, no, let him have his fun," i sighed, my hands on my head. the migraine had only gotten worse, but i didn't want to trouble anyone.
"i'm sure he'll be able to go to a million other parties, and you'll be by his side. he won't mind missing just one for you, sam," corey sighed, looking over at me concerningly.
"i'll give it like an hour, then. let him have some fun," i sighed, looking at corey again.
"good. what do you wanna watch?" he asked, smiling as he picked up the remote.

it had been an hour and a half, and corey insisted i ring colby. i sighed and did so.
(s- sam c-colby)
c- wooooo, hey sammy!
s- h-hey. i was wondering i-if you could-
c- yes i want another shot! carry on babe.
s- c-could you please c-come back?
c- yeah, yeah sure. you feeling any better?
s- n-no, w-worse actually.
c- i'm leaving now, fuck, i can't remember where i even parked.
s- you c-cant drive like t-that, colby, you're drunk.
c- oh yeah, you're right. could you come pick me up?
s- y-yeah. (sigh). where are y-you?
c- no, no, i shouldn't be making you drive if you're not well. uhmmmmmm..
s- colby, i'm coming t-to p-pick you u-up.
c- but you're not wellllllll.
s- i-i know, where a-are you?
c- uhh, i can't remember. uhm.. oh, brennen's place.
s- ok, i'm c-coming.
c- ow, fuck, i just fell over (laugh).
s- colby, b-be careful.
c- sorry.
s- (sigh) it's o-ok. i'm here, whereabouts are you?
c- i'm near a- oh! i see your car! i'm coming!

i saw colby running towards my car and slowed the car down, him letting his drunken self in.
"hey babyyy," he dragged on the y, leaning over to kiss me. i pecked his lips and he frowned.
"colby, you're d-drunk," i giggled, pecking his lips again and starting to drive back home.
"what? i'm not drunk!" he chuckled, putting a hand on his head.
"put your seatbelt on," i sighed with a smile.
"alright, alright," he chuckled, pulling it over him and clicking it in. "wait a minute.. i'm meant to be looking after you! that's why i left the party!"
"yeah, i am a-aware. looks like you can't look after me though, you're literally hammered," i sighed, the pain in my head returning worse than ever.
"i can! i promise!" he laughed, placing a hand on my thigh.
"i b-bet you c-can," i felt tears well up in my eyes as the pain grew worse and worse. we were almost home at this point, and the pain was becoming unbearable.
"are you ok?" he asked, looking over at me. i continued to drive, but my vision was starting to spin. i did my best pulling over with tears falling down my face.
"sam? are you ok?" he asked again, putting a hand on my back as i brought my knees up to my chest, holding my head in my hands.
"i can't d-drive, everything's s-spinning, m-my head," i sobbed, clenching my eyes shut.
"oh my god, ok, i'm gonna ring elton," he fumbled about clumsily for his phone, pulling it out and dialling a number slowly. i continued to sob, ringing in my ears starting.
"hello? uh, sam wasn't feeling well so he rang and asked for me to come home but apparently, i'm really drunk, but i'm not, so i can't drive the car so he came and picked me up but that headache is back and he can't drive properly because everything's spinning, what do we do?" colby laughed talking about him being drunk, whilst i literally thought i was gonna pass out.
"sam, where are we again?" colby asked.
"tell him we're by the 7-11 close to the house," i sniffled, colby unbuckling his belt and wrapping his arms around me.
"elton's coming on foot and he's gonna drive your car back home, is that ok?" he was seeming a lot more sober than before, maybe it was because it was a serious situation, i wasn't sure, but i was glad. i nodded and he wrapped his arms tighter around me.
"i love you," he kissed my forehead, the smell of alcohol lingering from him.
"i love you too," i sniffled, the ringing in my ears quietening.

(899 words)

i had a really fucking terrifying dream last night and it creeped me out that much i woke up crying. not the best start to the day.