{14}

i sat next to colby happily, my hand in his lap. we'd just eaten and were about to go home, the only plan for the evening being to play video games and sleep.
"hang on babe, i'm getting a call.. it's my mom?" colby mumbled as i was kissing his cheek.
"ok," i let him answer the call and his face seemed to drop.
"hello? yeah. what? seriously? oh my fucking god. holy shit. i-i'll come home, yeah. ok. ok, see you soon," he stuttered, his skin going pale.
"what's up?" i asked, everyone now looking at him.
"i-i've gotta go back to kansas. my d-dad's dying," he started hyperventilating, his head in his hands.
"hey, hey, colby," i took his hands away from his face and held them. he looked at me with tears in his eyes.
"it's ok, it's ok," i mumbled, pulling him into a hug.
"do you want me to go with you, or do you think you'll be ok on your own?" i asked, kissing the back of his head.
"i'll be ok on my own. i'm gonna get the soonest flight, i need to go home," he sniffled, his breathing coming to an ease.
"ok, ok, let's go home. you guys can stay if you want," i stood up, colby standing up with me.
"we'll be home soon," elton smiled sadly, looking at colby.
"c'mon, let's go," i held his hand and lead him out of the building to my car.

"are you gonna be ok on your own, colbs?" i asked, pulling up outside of the house.
"i'll be ok. i'll try to ring you whilst i'm there, i don't know if there's cell service though. there should be," he kissed my cheek, climbing out of his side of the car. we headed inside and he sighed shakily, going straight upstairs. i followed and he quickly packed a bag full of clothes, a phone charger and a picture of the two of us. i smiled to myself and watched as he packed.
"colby," i mumbled, sat on his bed.
"hmm?" he hummed, looking up.
"i love you," i sighed, standing up and walking over to him.
"i love you too," he sighed too, continuing to pack his bag, almost finished. i heard the door go downstairs, followed by everyone's voices.
"can i have a kiss?" i asked sadly. i didn't want colby to leave.
"sam, could you give it a rest?" he yelled, suddenly angry. i jumped and took a step back, tears welling up in my eyes. i walked out, not wanting him to see me cry over that. i sniffled and went to my room, jake seeing me.
"sam?" he asked. he walked into my room and i was sobbing into my pillow.
"sam, what's wrong?" he asked, a comforting hand on my back.
"nothing, i-it's stupid," i sniffled, rubbing my nose.
"tell me," he sighed.
"c-colby yelled at me," i said sadly.
"why?" he said, confusedly. it was unlikely for colby to do that to anyone, but especially unlikely to do it to me.
"i-i asked him for a kiss whilst he was packing his bag a-and he got really mad," i mumbled, rubbing my eyes. before jake could say anything else, colby walked into the room.
"my queue to leave," jake whispered, slinking out of the room.
"sammy, i'm sorry. i shouldn't have yelled, i'm just stressed because i need to get to kansas, and my dad's literally dying and i don't know what to do, i shouldn't have taken it out on you. it's far from your fault, i'm sorry," he sat down on the bed next to me. i nodded and sat up, resting my head on his shoulder.
"i don't want you to go," i sobbed, clinging onto him.
"it'll be ok, i promise. i'll be back in a week, then i can give you all of the kisses and cuddles you want," his voice cracked, and it seemed like we both needed eachother in this situation. i nodded with a sniffle, him pulling me onto his lap. he sighed and let tears fall from his cheeks with a sad smile.
"c'mere," he sniffled, kissing me softly. i savoured the moment, never wanting it to end.
"can i d-drive you to the airport?" i asked, my arms wrapped tightly around him.
"y-yeah, c'mon, we need to go," he smiled sadly and i climbed off of him, finding my car keys and jogging back downstairs.
"i'm driving colby to the airport, i'll be back soon," i mumbled to elton, who nodded and i walked outside to the car, colby climbing in the other side, and we headed to the airport.

(793 words)

:((