Chapter 8 - The Chase

A/N

Hello!

I just want to say that this chapter can maybe be a little triggering/disturbing.
I wouldn't say it's too bad, but it varies from person to person.

So read at your own risk!

Enjoy the story!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter's P.O.V

"WOAH! That't so fricking cool!" Ned yells, making heads turn towards us in the hallway. I wince a little from the volume, but it's rather hilarious seeing how starstruck Ned is. 

I told him about what happened last friday and even though I already told him that over text, he still freaks out. 

It's the end of the school day and I'm heading home. Thankfully, Mr. Delmar let me have today off, so I could just relax. I start to make my way home and head into the apartment building. 

I didn't really get home last friday, or, err, well... I slept on the roof. Looking up at the stars. Then, as morning came, I climbed down to the ground and entered the building. I opened the door to the apartment and thankfully, it wasn't too messy. I guessed May just had some colleagues from work over. 

.

I walk into our apartment and thankfully May's not home. I guess she had to take another early shift. 

That's something I've never really understood about May. She seems to be such a kind person towards others. Helps them, takes a shift, invites people over. She was a very sweet woman when I first met her. But then as I moved in with her and Ben she became hostile in some way.

But when Ben died... That was some hard days. 

Both because I was grieving and May was grieving in a... violent way...

I mean, I understand that she's maybe just faking it. The kindness she shows towards others. But her smile... It looks too genuine. Too real. But still so fake in a way.

I shudder a little at the thought of her terrifying smile. Then I walk into my room to leave my stuff. I change into my suit and jump out the window. May won't be home until tomorrow night.

I swing through the city enjoying every damn second. This. This is something she can't take away from me.

.

I'm sitting on a rooftop, looking out over the city. Today was really hectic. Robbers seemed to be the main course of all the action. But otherwise, it was just the usual. Helping old people cross the road, helping the police, helping getting cats down from trees. Yada yada.

I check the time. 9:24PM. I should head home. All of a sudden, a police car drives by the building I'm on. I guess heading home has to wait. I make a web and swing after. 

It just ended up being idiots who stole a car and robbed a bank. Wow. I just said that like it's the normal. I wonder why New York is always filled with so much crime? I feel like someone makes it so there's crime everywhere... huh.

Anyways... I land on the car and one guy sticks half of his body out of the window frame holding a gun. He points it at me and I wanna facepalm. He really thinks he can shoot at me? 

And actually. He can! Wow!

But of course, my spider sense helps me avoid the bullets and I web the gun towards me.

"Don't you know it's rude to shoot at people?" I say, acting offended. The look on his face when the gun was taken out of his hand. Hilarious.