Chapter 32 - Strange Things Are Happening

Peter's P.O.V

"Kid, you have to wake up!"

"C'mon!"

"Shit... He's not waking up. What are we going to do?"

"I think I can try and wake him up. But it'll take some time."

"We don't have the time!"

"He is needed. It'll take..."

Their voices started to fade away and I have an out-of-body feeling. Like I wasn't real and that something was wrong.

I didn't recognize the voices, yet I had faces for them. It was weird and I didn't want to dwell on it for too long.

Somehow, I knew I was dreaming. Kind of like a lucid dream. But everything just felt... too real.

Suddenly, there's a bright and everything gets warmer.

.

.

I quickly open my eyes, sitting up with a hasty movement. I think it's become a sort of defence mechanism for me to scan my surroundings everytime I wake up. I don't know why, but... I just have to make sure that I wake up here.

I let out a heavy breath and look at the alarm clock next to my bed. 7:30AM. Saturday.

"Why do I never sleep longer on the weekends..." I whine quietly for myself as I stand up and head into the bathroom, taking a quick shower.

Put on a pair of sweatpants, a t-shirt and a hoodie over it, feeling too lazy to wear anything more nice. As my hair starts to dry, it becomes more curly, sticking out from my head in every direction. I try to flatten my wild curls, but I just end up making it worse.

With a sigh, I leave my room and head towards the kitchen to get breakfast. But for some reason I feel a little down. I know I dreamed something weird but I just... I can't seem to remember what. I try to forget about it but it keeps nagging me.

Thankfully, my thoughts are disrupted when I enter the living room and see some of my... my family already awake. Earlier this week we finalized the adoption process and I am now offcially part of the family. I swear, I couldn't stop smiling for days after.

"Good Morning Peter." I hear someone say behind me and I jump, quickly turning around. Stephen smiles back at me and I let out a heavy breath.

Wake up

"Oh, Morning." I smile back. I walk over to the kitchen and take out a bowl, milk and cereal.

After a few minutes, Bucky, Steve and Sam enter the kitchen, all drenched in sweat. My nose is immediately hit with the ghastly stench.

"Have you guys ever heard about showering? Y'all smell nasty." I say, covering my nose and waving the smell away with my other hand.

"Well, these two corpses surely smell worse than me, don't they?" Sam says with a smirk.

"Actually Sam... you have the strongest scent..." I mumble, but he heard it as plain as day.

"Who are you calling a corpse now, huh?" Bucky taunts and Sam glares at him.

"You both are still corpses." Sam retaliates.

"Guys... come on..." Steve groans.

"At least I'm actually a super human and doesn't need fake wings to be a able to fight..." Bucky huffs and Sam's glare intensifies.

"Not this again..." Steve sighs.

"Excuse you. I'm a trained soldier thank you very much and I'm not the one with wolf in their name." Sam says. "I mean, having wolf in ones name is soooo overused, it almost feels like you're trying to be part of a Twilight movie." Bucky gasps loudly.