Chapter 22 - The Conference

Tony's P.O.V

"Mr. Stark. Wake up. Come on..."

I hear a voice say my name and I slowly open my eyes only to be greeted by Peter, lightly shaking me awake.

"5 more minutes..." I sludder and I hear him let out a sigh.

"Maybe later. But someone knocked on the door and I don't wanna answer it." Peter huffs, walking over to a chair and sitting down, bringing his eyebrows together.

"Yeah, yeah... Just let me have my coffee first..." I mumble, starting to sit up, but I stop when I realize I'm in the living room. "Wait... Didn't I go to bed yesterday?"

"Oh. You... umm... kinda fell asleep here and you looked so comfortable, I didn't wanna wake you up, so I... umm... let you sleep here." Peter says awkwardly, scratching the back of his head. "I remember Dr. Strange telling me you don't sleep often so... uhh... heh... yeah..."

"When did he tell you that?" I yawn, standing up and walking into one of the bathrooms, because of course this hotel room has more than 2 bathrooms. I mean, what are we? Poor?

"Uhh... well, it was actually just a couple of weeks after we started texting." Peter explains appearing at the door frame. I'm looking in the mirror, trying to fix my bed hair, but I give up when I realize. I just don't care.

"Huh, neat." I mumble.

At that moment, there's a knock on the door and Peter jumps a little. I chuckle and walk past him, heading over to the door. I look back at him and he's hurried into his room. I let out a sigh and open the door. On the other side is the same employee from yesterday.

"Good morning Mr. Stark. You ordered food to be served to your room, correct?" I nod and I can tell the young man is faking a smile. "Well then, here is the food. "He shows a small trolley with plates and trays on. "We knocked a couple of times, but no one answered." His smile is slightly shaking, must be a pain keeping up the facade.

"Yeah, sorry about that. We were both asleep, so we didn't hear the knocking." I explain and his eyebrow twitch for a second.

"I see. Well then, here you go mister." He rolls the trolley over to me and I give him a polite smile before wheeling the trolley in and he closes the door. I quickly lock it before continuing with my task and when I've reached the kitchen, a curious 15 year old sticks his head out from his room.

"Well, you comin'  or not?" I chuckle and he slowly leaves his room, walking over to the trolley with food.

"Holy shit. That's a lot of food. And it's fancy too." He mutters, sounding astonished.

"How many times have you stayed at a hotel?" I ask and he looks at me for a second before looking down in shame.

"Umm... Well... We never... I've only ever really stayed at a hotel once... when I was 9..." He says quietly. "Y-you know... not very much money and we always wanted to save up as much money as possible. But when we did stay at an hotel, we didn't eat in the resturant. Instead, we just went to a grocery store and bought food, then we ate in the hotel room." Peter explains and for me, that just seems completely unbelievable.

I look at him for a moment, then I clear my throat and start to set the table up. Peter helps me and we put everything on the kitchen island. When we're done, I let out an amused sigh and Peter chuckles a little for himself.

"What?" I ask, looking over at him.

"To think Tony Stark actually knows how to set up a table." He continues to chuckle a little for himself and I roll my eyes, sitting down at the island. Peter joins me and we start to dig in.