Chapter 31 - Relations

Peter's P.O.V

A few days passed and I was allowed to go back to school. No one really bothered me and I told Ned and MJ about what happened during the days I was gone.

I hadn't really been in contact with them very much since the attack, which I apologized a hell lot for. Thankfully, they weren't angry and were very understanding.

.

"Peter, you coming or not?" Ned calls out from down the empty hallway. MJ is next to him, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Uhh... You guys can go without me!" I say, taking a book out of my bag, "I gotta head to the library!"

"You want us to wait for you?" Ned asks, looking up at MJ, then back at me.

"No, that's okay. You can go. I'll see you guys tomorrow!" I yell as I start towards the library.

"Alright! See you tomorrow!" Ned yells back and he and MJ walks out of the doors, MJ waving me a goodbye.

It only takes a few minutes before I'm outside the library. I carefully open the door and peak my head inside, seeing it completely deserted. I step in and make my way over to the desk where you can leave books. I put the book on the desk and look around warily, hearing footsteps behind some shelves.

"Hello?" I call out and suddenly there's a thump sound by some shelves and I hear I quiet grunt. A small smile creeps its way onto my lips.

"I'm coming, I'm coming..." A slightly hoarse voice calls back.

The first thing I always look at is his big sunglasses that just fits perfectly with his whole face. Why he wears sunglasses inside, no one will ever know.

"Oh, Pete! Long time no see!" Mr. Lee says as he spots me.

"Hello Mr. Lee." I smile and he walks over to me.

"How are you Pete?" He asks as he walks over to a chair and sits down. "I hope you're not getting into too much trouble." He laughs and I sit down in the chair next to his.

"No no... Heh, don't worry." I say.

"So where have you been these past days? School's been awfully quiet with out'ya." He laughs, picking up a comic from a table beside him.

"Oh... Umm, Some... Just some family business. Nothing much." I answer, leaning back in my chair, also picking up a comic. I notice Mr. Lee eyeing me suspiciously. "B-but don't worry! Everything's good now!" I quickly explain.

"That's good." He hums. "Look kid, I'm sorry 'bout your aunt." He has a sad expression for a second before it turns slightly dark. "Well... kind of."

"Oh... uhh, thanks?" I look at him confused and he gives me a knowing look.

"You must be some kind of wizard Mr. Lee." I chuckle and he just shrugs his shoulders and gives me a wink.

"But I'm no Dr. Strange." He says, putting the comic on his lap and imitating Stephen's weird hand gestures he does when doing magic.

"Nice," I laugh, "Though, I think it's something more like this." I put the comic on a table and stand up, imitating Stephen with over exaggerated moves.

"I think we've found the next Sorcerer Supreme." Mr. Lee huffs a laugh.

I fall back in my chair and we laugh until our stomachs hurt too much. I start coughing but quickly catch my breath again.

"So where you livin' now?" He asks. "Any friend you could live with or has the 'glorious government' already stepped in?" I chuckle a little.