Chapter 26 - A Calm Day

nostalgia
/nɒˈstaldʒə/
noun
              a sentimental longing or wistful affection for a period in the past.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Peters P.O.V

"Man... I wish I had my phone with me..." I mutter.

"Why?"

"So I can make a video of all of this. Y'know, kind of what I did back when we were in Germany."

"Like that video diary?"

"Well... Uhh... Yeah, I guess." I say awkwardly.

It's quiet for a few minutes. No one dares to break the silence.

"We're a long way from home Underoos."

"Yeah... It's crazy..." I mumble, staring out into the dark void. "What do you think'll happen when we get there?"

"I don't know kid. But whatever happens just know that..." All of a sudden, his voice fades away. I see his lips move but no sound is heard.

I feel cold. My body is hurting and I don't know why.

Suddenly, everything becomes pitch black and everything around me seems to disappear.

Then, there's a bright light.

.

.

The room is dimly lit when my eyes fly up. I sit up with a hasty movement looking around my surroundings.

I'm in a big bedroom, similar to the hotel room I stayed at when I was at the conference. I yawn and blink away the drowsiness in my eyes.

You know when you feel like you had a good dream, but wake up right in the middle of it. Like, as if something was going to be revealed?

Yeah. I have that feeling right now.

I let my eyes wander around the dark room, trying to extracted as much info to tell me where I am. I recognize the room, but something in my head isn't connecting the cables.

I slide off the massive queen bed and end up standing in the middle of the room. My eyes fall down on my backpack laying on the floor, but I ignore it for now and walk over to the window, preparing myself to open the curtains.

I slowly push the fabric to the side, a wave of light hitting me straight in the face, forcing my eyelids to close once again. I step to the side of the window, blinking fast as to try and vanish the black spots out of my vision.

After a few seconds, my eyes are accustomed to the bright light coming from the outside world and I step back into the light, looking out over Manhattan with fondness. I take a chair from under a nearby table and just enjoy the view. For a few minutes, all my problems seemed to disappear.

Suddenly, there's a light knock on the door and my head swiftly moves in that direction. I yell a quick "Come in!" and just a few seconds later, the door opens. I was expecting a living human being to walk in, but instead... a big red cloak peaked its head out from behind the door.

"Umm... H-hello...?" I stutter.

The Cloak flies over to me, The neck of the fabric is flying side to side as if it's examining me. I gulp and not a second later, it attaches itself onto my shoulders and lifts me up.