Chapter 15 - How's That Spider Bite Treating Ya?

Peter's P.O.V

To say sleep didn't come easy is an understatement. I don't think I slept until around 4AM and I got back home at around 10PM. So, during those long hours I had some time to reflect on my life and some of my stupid life choices.

That time I stole a little candy from the cabinet and my mom scolded me.

The time I was angry at my parents because they were going on another business trip and I didn't give them a proper goodbye.
And they didn't comeback.

The time I accidentally hit a kid with a stone in elementary school.

The time I didn't help that kid in middle school while they were being bullied.

The time I stole candy again when Ben was still alive and May yelled at me and hurt me a little, then blamed my bruises on bullies.
Which Ben believed in.

The time I yelled at my uncle and left the apartment. Then found him dying on the side of the road when he went out to look for me.

The times I've disobeyed May and her orders.

The time I was a nuisance to everyone and anyone.

The times I talked too much in school because if I said to much at home I would get even more insults thrown at me.

The time I couldn't save the man in the car.

Those times when I'm not able to protect and save everyone in trouble.

That time when I found a dead body in that empty alleyway.

That time I continued texting Mr. Stark and forced myself into his life, making myself a bother in his life.

That time I didn't jum-

.

Too depressing. Sorry.

.

.

.

I wake up early thursday morning and drag myself out of bed. I took a quick shower, leaving my hair a little damp and ate a small breakfast. The way to the subway was mostly a blur. My feet worked on their own while my brain was still trying to wake up. My head was spinning and I had a massive headache. Everything was very bright and the slightest sound made me shrudder from pain. The way to the subway was hell. New York is really loud. Everything felt... blurry.

When I got to school, I met up with my friends and they laughted a little at how much of a mess I was.

"Dude, you okay? You look really tired." Ned says, prolonging the word "really". I wince a little at his volume. It felt like he was shouting right in my ear. I'm surprised I haven't got hearing problems...

Wait. Can I even get hearing problems? I mean, won't my enhanched healing just heal it? Does that mean that if I, for example, get blind, I can see again after awhile? Or is my healing just for, like, injuries like a stab wound?

"Yeah... nothing to worry about... Just had a hard time sleeping..." I mutter as we get to first period, which just so happens to be gym.

God. I hate gym. Before the bite and now still.

I mean, before I was just a skinny, not very sporty nerd who could barely run the warm up laps. Of course, the spider bite made me stronger and more physically advance I guess you could say. Of course gym is pretty easy now if I don't care about showing my abilities off. But Peter Parker isn't like that. He isn't fit.

So yeah, gym is hard because I have to purposefully act as if I'm super weak and can barely lift a twig. Which can be hard sometimes.

I always get changed in the restroom since... uhh... with the bite also came...uhh... abs...
And imagine seeing Peter Parker having abs when he's so nerdy and so weak.

I headed out of the locker room and the class starts. We had to run laps as a warm up, then we had rope climbing. Of course, it isn't that hard anymore. But I still pretend like it's hard, which Flash often taunts me for. Thankfully, he wasn't at school today, since he got suspended. It's like breathing in fresh air after being at a place with contaminated air.

Though, today when I was climbing, I didn't feel... right.
As I walked up the to the rope, I got a firm grip on the object, which kinda hurt from how sensitiv my touch was at the moment and started climbing. Something definitely felt off in me. I just climbed and climbed, not stopping until I heard the teacher call my name. I stopped for a moment, realizing I was really high up.

I've never really been a big fan of heights. Whenever I swing around the city, I try not to think about how high up I really am. But at this moment that was all I could think of. The people down below looked like small ants and I could hear people call my name. But that just made my headache worse. I closed my eyes for a moment, trying to get control over my senses. But it didn't work.

My grip on the rope loosened. It actually felt really nice for the few seconds I was in the air. It was peaceful. I was like a feather, slowly falling towards the earth. But of course, people had to scream and disturb my peaceful thoughts.

Then I hit the ground.

.

.

.

"..."

"...Mmm..."

"Mr. Wilson, he's waking up!" (In SM:hoco the gym teacher's last name is Wilson, not to be confused with Wade Wilson, AKA DeadPool.)

"Peter! Peter can you hear me? The ambulance is on it's way, don't worry."

That was all I heared before dozing of again. Everything felt blurry.

.

.

.

*Beep* *Beep*

"...Mmm..."

"Oh, you're awake."

*Beep* *Beep*

"You know, Peter. Would you be so kind and not end up in the hospital. You know we can't pay for your... phony injuries.

*Beep* *Beep*

"...I... I fell..."

"I know you did. You got pretty high up, didn't you. Never though that'd be possible. You're lucky people even cared enough to call an ambulance. But did you think of the bills? We don't live in a free society."

"I'm... sorry..."

*Beep* *Beep*

"Sorry won't pay the bills."

That was the last thing she said before leaving the room I was in. My eyes were closed and I heard a beeping sound. I knew I was at a hospital. I never really liked hospitals.

Everything's too... depressing. 

I carefully open my eyes, seeing I'm in a small white hospital room. I'm feeling better, er, well, in some way, I suppose. My head doesn't hurt as bad as before and my senses seem to be back to normal. I guess I was sent the hospital she works at and heard I was here.

I guess I have to get enough money to pay her back.

I sigh and bring my arm up to my face, covering my eyes.

"It's a hard knock life... for me..." I chuckle and feel myself getting taken over by sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hello!

I'm sorry this chapter took some time, I've been a little busy
(As usual... but that's life!)

I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!

Edit: Week! I meant week! Not weekend... I need to sleep...

That's All For Now Folks!

G'night, G'day and G'morning!

/Twizz