Chapter 27 - Guests all around

Peter's P.O.V

"I will feast upon this holy chicken nugget and none shall stop me!" I exclaim, holding up a chicken nugget with both my hands.

"And I will feast upon this holy french fry." Ned accompanies, holding up a single french fry next to me.

"And I will eat my lunch like normal human being and not start a cult over some food." MJ sneers, massaging her templet as she eats her lunch.

"Party pooper." Ned and I huff at the same time, earning us a glare from MJ. we continue with our lunch and soon, the day is over. 

"So Peter..." Ned's voice is suspiously sweet. "Now that you're, like, staying at the Avengers Tower..."

"You wanna come over, don't you?" I raise an eye brow.

"Now you're just making assump- Yes." And there it is. 

"That'll cost you some." I joke but his face turn completely serious.

"How much?! I could ask my mo-" 

"Ned I'm kidding. Chill. Don't worry. I'm sure if I just ask Mr. Stark extra nicely he'll maybe let you come."

"Dude, you're seriously the best." Ned's eyes are glowing and MJ leans her elbow on his shoulder, giving me a questionable look.

"Do you also wanna come with MJ?" I ask carefully and she looks at me for a moment before shrugging her shoulders.

"Meh, why not. Not everyday you get to stay at your loser friend's house, especially when that loser lives with a bilionaire." She says nonchalantly.

"Hey!" I huff but she just glares at me, ending the conversation. "Right... Anyways, I'll, uhh... I'll call him, okay? brb." I say, taking out the new phone Mr. Stark gave me. Said he couldn't bare to see me use the old one.

I step away from them and dial Mr. Stark's number. After a few rings, he answers.

"What's up kid? Happy not there yet?" He says cooly.

"Oh, uhh... nonono... or I don't...- *Ahem* I don't know. Haven't really gone out yet. Hey, so I... uhh... I know I just started staying at the tower but is it okay if I bring some friends over?" I nervously stutter. There's a chuckle on the other end, giving me a cold sweat. 

Maybe I shouldn't have asked. I mean, I just started living there and I'm probably already a burden enough. But if I tell my friends they can't come over they'll be disappointed and probably get tired of me since we barely ever hang out anymore and-

"Yeah, sure kid." 

"What?" I say shocked, quickly bringing my hand to cover my mouth.

"They can come. I just gotta know how many and if I have to warn Happy." He's so chill about all of this, it's almost scary.

""Oh... uhh... well, I'm bringing two friends, if that's still okay." I murmur.

"Kid, it's perfectly fine. I expected a whole caravan so that was quite the downgrade if I gotta be honest with you." He chuckles and I smile a little for myself.

"So you're basically calling me a loser." I joke.

"Pfftt. I would never." He says. "Anyways, Happy's soon there, he had to do something. I'll call him and tell him to brace himself for hell."

"Rude."

"Indeed."

"Alright... umm... Bye Mr. Stark and... umm... Thanks." My voice falters slightly, but I try to keep iy steady from the shock.