Chapter 16 - Getting Picked Up

Peter's P.O.V

The nurses at the hospital wanted me to stay the night, just to make sure nothing was wrong. They were really surprised when I came in and didn't even have a concussion or a single broken bone. Said it was a miracle and that I was very lucky to come out of it without a scratch. One of the nurses even brought up some Serbian lady who fell out of a plane when it crashed and she survived sometime during the 70s.

But, of course, it's no miracle. Just superpowers. 

May didn't come back to check on me except when she had to. Just to show her colleagues what a good aunt she was. Everytime she entered the room, she didn't say anything for a couple of minutes. Just looking at the clock in my room until around 5 minutes had gone by. Then she left.

It was nice, not having to hear her voice.

.

The nurses said I was okay and I was free to go. May only followed me out of the building, said goodbye in a frightening cheery tone. Then she went back inside.

I walked down the small steps from the hospital and I saw this really fancy, expensive black car. It stod right next to the sidewalk, like it's suppose to pick someone up. Kind creepy.

Then, all of a sudden, the window for the drivers seat went down and grumpy looking man looked at me with tired eyes.

"Are you Peter Parker?" He asks, sounding irritated. There was a sound coming from the back seat, but I didn't focus on that. Instead, I was focusing on how this complete stranger that I've never met knows my name.

"Uhh... Y-yeah? I am...?" I say, sounding a little unsure because, I mean, when a complete stranger knows your name and is there with a big car... I think you can add the dots.

"Get in." The man says.

"I'm sorry what?" I ask, taking a step back.

"That sounded way too creepy for comfort, Hap." I hear someone say from the backseat.

"It really did." I add and I hear a snicker from the backseat.

All of a sudden, the door to the backseats opens and I see Mr. Stark sitting there, his mouth curved into a smirk.

"Mr. Stark?! Wha... what are you...- what are you doing here?" I whisper-yell in surprise.

"Well, someone didn't answer my texts and... uhh... could you maybe get in. Don't want anyone to see me." Mr. Stark says and I chuckle a little.

"Because that's not creepy at all." I mumble and walk over to the backseat and get in. Mr. Stark scoots over to the other seat and I look around the car with a little envy, but then again. He is a billionaire.

As I closed the door and put on the seatbelt, the car started moving. I get a little tense, and Mr. Stark notices.

"Don't worry, we're just going to the tower." He simply says.

"Wait... The Avengers Tower???" I ask, enthusiasm present in my tone.

"Yep." Mr. Stark says, popping the "p".

"So... is this basically your kidnapping plan?" I ask in a joking manner.

"Why were you in the hospital?"

"Touché. And I... uhhh... fell..." I mumble the last bit.

"That's a really weak excuse." Mr. Stark says and I chuckle a little. "Happy, a little privacy please."

As Mr. Stark says that, the little hole connecting the front-and backseat was closed off by a small window-ish thing.

"Wait... is his name Happy? I mean, he looks more grumpy than Grumpy Cat." I say and Mr. Stark stiffs a laugh.