Chapter 10 - The Call

Peter's P.O.V

*Incoming call from Tony*

"Oh shit..." I distance the phone from my face, not knowing what to. My face is filled with tears and my voice is probably even worse.

What if he ends the call right as he hears my voice?! What if he doesn't want to be my friend anymore after reading all the shit I wrote and now he's just going to straight up tell me himself?! What if this is just a way for him to rub it in my face?! That he's leaving...

So many thoughts go through my head, but in the end, I accept the call and put the phone to my ear.

"H... Hello? ...Tony?" I say, my voice weak and vulnerable. I hear some mumbling from the other end and I start getting anxious. Then there's a sound of Tony taking a deep breath, mumbling an "ok..." to himself.

"Tony...?" I say again.

"Hey Pete." His voice is stable and confident, yet soft in a way. I recognize that voice but I can't remember from where... My brain doesn't seem to work.

"How...- How come you...umm... you called...?" I ask, hating how weak I sound.

"Texting requires too much work. It's easier to talk." He says nonchalantly, and it sounds like he's making his voice a little darker.

"Oh..." Is the only thing leaving my mouth. There's an awkward silence for a couple of seconds.

"Are you alright?" He asks, his voice soft. It almost wants me to just tell him everything. Tell him the truth of who I am and what I really...-

Wait...

Wait a fucking minute.

I put the speaker on for the call and check our text conversation before he called. I quickly read through my rambling texts but stop when I find what I was afraid of.

But they, like, they need their beauty sleep or whatever and I just feel like I always bother them with my problems and being SM and I just feel like everything I do is a bother and that I'm just a waste of space

"Shit..." I mumble to myself. "God Peter you are such an idiot..."

"Pete? You good?" Tony asks confused.

"Huh? Uhh... Yeah, yeah... Why...- Why wouldn't I?" I ask as another tear rolls down my cheek. You are such an idiot Peter Parker.

"Because just some minutes ago you seemed to be freaking out and you've been through...-" Tony stops for a second. "Just today you witnessed something no teen or person should ever see."

I stay quiet. What am I suppose to say?

Yeah I witnessed something terrible, but you wanna know the best part? I was in the car with the man, saw his face, his eyes. I was the one who heard his last words.

"I'll be with my love again"

Yeah... No. That's not something I can tell him.

"Peter?" He says. "You know if you won't answer, I will come over and check on you personally." I chuckle a little.

"Wow... Because that's not creepy at all. I knew you were a weirdo." I say to him laughing a little.

"Well isn't that rude. haven't your...-" Tony stops for a second. "Sorry."

"What? Did you do something?" I ask confused.

"Didn't you hear what I...? *Ahem* Okay, so I gotta tell you something, and know it was for safety reasons." He says.