Chapter 25 - Who are you?

Peters P.O.V

"Pete, how's it goin?" Mr. Stark asks from his seat. 

I look out of the window, watching the clouds passing by.  

"Alright, I guess. I mean, my spidey sense is still yelling at me to just jump out." I flash an innocent smile and Mr. Stark nods slowly.

"Ah." He hums. 

"Mr. Stark? Are you sure it's okay for me to stay at the tower? I mean, really. I could just ask to stay with a friend or something." 

"Kid, you have to stop worrying. Nothing will change my mind." Mr. Stark ends the discussion. "Plus, I think the other Avengers would be very intrigued to have you there." 

"But what about me going out as Spider-Man? I mean... I don't know if I feel comfortable telling the other Avengers my identity..."

"I don't think they'd really mind. But how did you patrol before?" Mr. Stark asks.

"Well... I would often go after school or in the evenings when May was either at work or asleep. But they're the Avengers. I mean, Natasha, for example, has probably already figured out I'm Spider-Man, right?" 

"I wouldn't be surprised if she did when she came down to the workshop that one day we worked on your suit. But I mean, it is your choice to tell them. If you want to hide it from them though... Gotta tell you that will be a challenge." Mr. Stark explains and I gulp a little.

"Just... give me some time, alright?"

"I won't say zip. It's not my thing to tell them." Mr. Stark makes a movement showing him lock his mouth. "Though, I gotta tell you that there's a chance you might meet Nick Fury at some point... Since he sometimes comes to the tower."

"Woah... that's cool."

"Here's a tip. Annoy the hell out of him." An evil smirk creeps its way up Mr. Starks mouth.

"I feel like that's a really bad idea..." I murmur and he barks a laugh.

"If you have a death wish, it is."

"Oh."

.

The jet landed around 30 minutes later and I felt relief wash over me. Mr. Stark chuckled at the peaceful sigh leaving my mouth. The sky was dark, but the airport is luminating the area. I follow Mr. Stark out of the aircraft and we walk over to the car waiting for us. Mr. Happy stepped out of the car and opened the backseat door for us.

We got in and the car was a little cold, but I tried to ignore it.

"Here's your coffee by the way." Mr. Happy handed Mr. Stark a coffee and then he started to drive.

"We're dropping off the kid, right?" Mr. Happy asks and I look at Mr. Stark for a moment. He looks down at me and it seems like he's thinking. I give him pleading eyes and he understands my message. With a heavy sigh, he starts speaking.

"We'll just stop there for a moment. Then we'll head to the tower." Mr. Stark explains.

"But wasn't that the original plan anyways?" Mr. Happy huffs.

"I think that's enough of you. Hap, window up." Mr. Stark says smirking and with a heavy sigh, Mr. Happy pushes the button bringing the little window up between the front-and backseat.

"Why'd you do that." I ask.

"I don't know. Just felt like it." He hums.

Around 30 more minutes later, we're back in New York City and we head to my apartment.