Chapter 13 -Peter Parker's Not So Great Life

A/N

Hi!

I just want to put a trigger warning here for abuse.
Please, If you are sensitiv to the subject of abuse, then don't read!

I hope everyone is reading responsibly!

And for everyone who's still going to read,

Enjoy the story!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter's P.O.V

"Peter. Why weren't you at school today." It wasn't a question.

She looks at me with such an unreadable look. The only thing sipping through is what looks to be disappointment of some sort. I avoid eye contact, looking down at my text book.

"I...I... over- I overslept, ma'am..." I say quietly, sounding too nervous for my liking.

"I see." She sighs. "You know Peter. I do so much for you, and this is my thanks? This is how you repay me? By skipping school? A school, mind you, that is very expensive. That Ben saved up money for, just so you could go there. And this is how you repay him?"

"I... I didn't...- I didn't mean to upset you or... or Ben... I promise..." I say with a weak voice and I look up at her.

"Promises are such a plain concept. You say you will or won't do something for someone elses sake. Whether it's keeping a secret or doing or not doing something. But most promises are broken. Most promises are made to be broken"

May walks closer to me and I freeze. God. Why, of all people, did I get the Freeze response of the Fight-Flight-Freeze responses? At least... as Peter Parker. Spider-Man is a completely different person from me.

"You know, Ben would very... very disappointed in you, Peter. All that hard work. For nothing. Kapoof. All the money he saved, all went in flames because Peter Parker is too lazy to get up in the morning." She has a condescending tone and the way she says my name makes me hate it even more.

Peter Parker. Puny Parker. Penis Parker. Poor Defenceless Peter Parker.

May puts her hand on top of my head and for a second my world wasn't filled with pain. Then, she gets a strong grip on my hair and forcefully makes me stand up. May is a fairly tall woman, but I am a few centimeters taller than her. But it doesn't make a difference of who's in control.

She drags me out to the living room and throws me to the ground. I cover my head with my arms, looking like a scared little kid. A pathetic little kid. She just looks down at me. Then she walks into the kitchen and I hear a cabinet open. I look up from my arms and she returns with a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

"...But... but you don't smoke..." I stammer. May has always talked about how smoking is just something weak people do to feel like they have control over a flame.

"I don't. But they work good as punishments." She simply says. She takes a cigarette out of the pack and lights it up. I start backing towards the wall and when my back hits it, I know I can't escape this.

Spider-Man could. But Peter Parker isn't Spider-Man. At least, not at this moment. Right now,  I'm just Poor defenceless Peter Parker.

May slowly walks over to me and crouches down to my level, still holding the cigarette in her hand. She grabs my arm and I just look at her with pleading eyes. She rolls my sleeve up and I know what she's going to do.

"Please May... I promise... I promise I won't...- I won't ever skip school..." I plead but she just ignores it. "Please May... please... I'm sorr- AHH!"

The hot cigarette touches my skin. It burns. It hurts so bad. Small sparks from the cigarette flies everywhere and lands around my arm. May turns the cigarette in circles on my skin and I feel tears prick my eyes. She removes the cigarette from the spot and pushes it don't on another place on my arm.

I continue to scream and wince and I can tell that May is getting fed up with all my yells in pain. As she removes the cigarette from another spot, she raises her fist and it makes contact with my cheek, making my head fly to the side, followed by my body.

"Shut up! No one wants to hear your useless cries! No one cares Peter! There's no point in even trying to call for anybody because you're alone Peter Parker." May's voice relaxes a little. "You know what happens if you'd ever try and call for help. You know what I can do. You know what will happen to your... friends... if you'd even call them that."

May leaves the room for a second. Then she comes back and I carfully sit up. She crouches down in front of me again and she ties a cloth around my mouth.

"You've already disturbed too many with your useless cries and boring words. Best to shut you up." She says with a sweet smile. I try to say something. Anything. But it all just comes out as mumbled nonsense.

"Now. Peter." She tips my head up by placing her fingers under my chin. "How about you learn your lesson." Without warning, she slaps me. I try to cover my head with my arms, but I'm not quick enough because May gets in another punch, her fist tightly closed.

I fall to my side and she starts kicking me in the stomach. I continue to protect my head. She tells me how she's going to hurt everyone I love if I tell anyone. What a bad person I am. How I am useless. How I'm just a burden to her and to everyone. And you wanna know the worst thing.

I believe her. Every single word she's saying is my truth. All my flaws.

.

After a couple of seconds she stops kicking me and grabs my hair again. I feel like I'm going to throw up and I have a metalic taste in my mouth.

"Now, Peter. What do we say for skipping school and being an all around nuisance?" May asks, a sly smirk plastered on her face. I try to say sorry, but the cloth just turns my words into mumbled nonsense over and over again. May reaches her other hand out and harshly pulls the cloth from my mouth. There is a small bloodstain on it.

"...I... I'm sorry... I'm so...so sorry..." I whisper, having no energy to say it louder. I continue to mumble sorry, over and over again.

May stands up, seeming satisfied with her 'How to teach a child a lesson'. She heads into the kitchen and I hear the fridge open. She starts making food.

I lay still on the floor, fearing that if I move, my body will break. That I will break.
If I get food, the injuries will probably disappear some time this week. But if not... Then... I don't know.

I just...-

I really don't know what to do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hi.

I'm not going to make this author's note long.

So...

That's All For Now Folks!

G'night, G'day and G'morning!

/Twizz