Baby Brother

The air was cold and bitter

The air was cold and bitter. The wind howled and cooed. The sky poured out white snowflakes that was sugary and powdered onto the ground. A little girl ran around the powdery snow, her cheeks slowly turning pink from the cold. She was wearing a purple scarf around her neck and a heavy black jacket. Her little boots were purple as well and her gloves were white.

"Oh Y/n! Baby not so far." A soothing voice called. The little girl turned her head and grinned widely. Her eyes twinkling just like the snow below her.

"I know mommy!" The girl grinned, then continue to run in the snow. Her eyes lighting up seeing other children doing the same. But she cocked her head towards the side, a little bemused. A smaller boy was holding an older girls hand, his steps wobbly while the little girl proudly held his hand and helped him.

"Mommy?"

She heard a little hum come from behind her. She then turned her head to face her lovely mother. Her mother was right behind her, in a red long coat with a creamy brown hat. A white scarf wrapped around her neck as she tucked her hands into her pockets. The little girl pointed towards the small group of children.

"Can I have baby brother?" Y/n asked. Her mother stiffen and looked towards the small group of children. Especially towards the little girl and the little boy holding hands. She looked stunned at her question.

"Oh sweetheart, it's not that easy. Besides you know how much your father would take advantage of it." Her mother explained and picked up her child. Y/n frowned and laid her chin onto her shoulder.

"But mommy I want someone to play with, papa never lets me play with other kids. And he always makes you work too. Please mommy I want a baby brother. I wanna be a noona." Y/n sniffles, hiding her face into her mother's neck. Her mother combed her fingers through her hair with a sigh.

"I'm sorry baby, that's something mommy can't give." Her mother soothed, her eyes wondering around the white snow. Her eyes then locked onto a hybrid not too far from her, who was happily playing with her owner. An idea suddenly sparked inside her head.

🐺🐺🐺🐺

"Papa! We're home!" Y/n shouted but her mother quickly shushed her.

"Baby we talked about this, you must be quiet when fathers working." Her mother whispered and helped the little girl take off her scarf. Y/n frowned and nodded, taking off her black coat. Her mother then hanged up both hers and Y/n's onto the hook, then placed their boots on the shoe rack.

The large black rooms were quiet as usually. The room was dull and had no other color than black and grey. Sometimes only splashes of gold was around. Even the furniture was grey and dull.