~Prologue Part 2~

Many years have passed, and Y/N, now 15, has been in training with Luke for almost her whole life. She was a fully-pledged Padawan now. Every night she would practice with Ben, 17 years old and somehow made his way under the guidance of Luke due to Han and Leia. The two sparred against each other inside the crowded, thin-trunked forest and became the best of friends.

     "Take that Ben!" Y/N declared as she kicked Ben to the ground, and her wooden-like lightsaber aimed right at Ben's chest.

     "Nice one, Y/N!" Ben exclaimed and Y/N smiled proudly. She leaned the wooden saber on a tree and helped Ben off the ground.

     "You're possibly better than me!" Ben joked.

     "Am not! You're the top student in your class!" Y/N pointed out.

     "Well, in the boys' section. In the girls' section, you're number one!" Ben said.

     The two laughed and then lay down on the forest floor together, watching the sunset above them.

     "Geez, your hair is growing really long, Y/N," Ben pulled at a loose strand of her hair that was pulled back in a low bun. Her bun was thick and messy and the padawan braid was past her waist.

     "Hey! Stop pulling, it takes hours to put it up," Y/N swatted his hand away, tucking the strand back in the bun.

     "That is not normal!" Ben exclaimed.

     "It's normal for me!" Y/N proclaimed.

     "Do you ever wonder how long it will be when you're a fully pledged Jedi?" Ben asked her.

     "I don't know! I don't pay attention to my hair, Ben! I pay attention to my studies!" She stated. The two stopped arguing and continued looking at the sky.

     "Do you ever think we're on the wrong side?" Ben thought out loud. Y/N's face went from calm to shocked.

     "What do you mean by that?" She asked him.

     "Well, what if the dark side is the right side, and the light is the wrong side? You never know," Ben explained.

     "Your grandparents fought against the clones and your parents and uncle fought against the Empire, and they won! What makes you think that?" Y/N stated, sitting up now. Ben sat up also.

     "I don't know, but don't remind me of my parents," Ben commanded.

     "Why not? They love you-," She was cut off.

     "Well, Han was never there for me!" Ben shouted, standing up.

     "Yes, he was Ben!" Y/N stood up too. Ben stormed off back to the village of stone huts outside the main school building in an open plain of Yavin 4.

     Y/N was tired as well, so she walked back toward her hut. She ignited her lightsaber to light the path ahead of her. She found her hut and then turned the saber off. She opened the door, walked in, closed it behind her, then fell on top of her bed. The exhaustion from training hit Y/N hard, and without taking her bun out, she fell into a deep sleep.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Y/N's POV

     I woke up and started coughing, a lot. My vision was blurred but it soon cleared up to nothing but smoke (Snoke... I'm sorry lol). I grabbed my lightsaber from my nightstand and placed it in my leather belt. I realized my hair was still in a bun, and I hadn't changed out of my training garments.