~Chapter 16~

Jennah connects two wires and the blast guns start firing at the main Star Destroyer. It blows up and from the main control room, General Pryde stands there, ready to face his death and the loss of the war.

     "Poe, the command ship!" A pilot tells him, seeing the ship being blown up and falling to the ground like the Titanic sinking.

     "Their fleet is stuck here. They're toast! Come on!" Poe directs everyone to escape since all the Destroyers are being blown up.

     "I'll meet you guys out there, I have to get someone first," Y/N calls out and then closes the comlink channel so she can't hear the shouts of Poe trying to stop her. Y/N starts flying below. Poe sees her flying down and just gives up on trying to stop her, he has to trust her. He decides to talk to Finn and make sure he's fine.

     "Finn? You seeing this?"

     "Finn didn't board the lander," Rose tells him.

     "They're still on that command ship?!" Poe asks. Poe starts flying towards the main ship and spots them trying to hold on.

     "I see them. I'm going to get them," He isn't ready to let any other people go.

     "General you won't make it," A female pilot tells him.

     "Trust me, I'm fast!" Poe says.

     "Not as fast as this ship," Lando flies past him with ease and heads over to save Finn and Jannah. Once they are saved, the Falcon flies up to escape the massive blow on the main ship. Once inside, however, Finn stops in his tracks. He can feel Rey slowly losing life, and dying down below.

     Y/N feels it too. She stops in mid-air, deactivating the wings on her ship, and looks below to where she last saw Ben. The last time she saw Rey was when they were on the Death Star ruins. Y/N starts to cry, slowly feeling her cousin, her family, drifting away from this universe.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

     A hand grabs a hold of the crack's edges from where he fell. Ben slowly pulls himself up and limps to Rey's lifeless body. He falls but gets back up again. He falls once again and crawls to Rey. He sees her and quickly drags her into his arms. His breathing trembling at the sight of her. He pulls her up and hugs her, not wanting her to go away.

     He knew there was only one thing he could do. He lays her down on his lap and lifts her head with his hand for support. He gently lays his hand on her stomach, closing his eyes. Taking deep breaths, ready to pay the consequence for her to live. Rey lays her hand on his and he looks at her. Rey gets up, seeing Ben when she wakes up. Knowing what he did for her to be alive. She smiles at him, taking the moment to know that she was the reason he wanted to change into a better person.

     "Ben," She whispers softly, smiling.

     She lifts her hand to his cheek, and he smiles at her touch. Rey pulls up and kisses him softly. They stay there for what feels like an eternity to both of them. Just both being in one another's arms and finally being happy. A dyad in the force... together.

     Rey pulls away and Ben chuckles, smiling and happy for once in his life with the one he knows he loves. But it quickly fades and Rey looks at him confused. Ben loses grip on her and falls to his back. Rey tries to catch him and slowly sets him on the ground. Ben closes his eyes, his figure disappearing and the clothes he is wearing flatten out. Ben had given his own life for her to live.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

     Y/N could sense life coming and going. She knew what happened when she felt Ben's aura disappear and Rey's coming back. Then, out from underneath, she sees a TIE-Fighter rising to be in front of her.