~Chapter 3~

Once everyone settles down, Commander Larma D'acy starts to speak.

     "General Organa, Leia, is unconscious but recovering. That's the only good news I have. Admiral Ackbar, all our leadership, is gone. Leia was the sole survivor of the bridge. If she were here, she would say 'Save your sorrow for after the fight'. To that end, the chain of command is clear as to who should take her place," she continues. I see Poe, from the corner of my eye, getting up slowly. "Vice Admiral Holdo of the Cruiser Ninka will take her place." She sits down and Vice Admiral Holdo begins to speak.

     "Four hundred of us on three ships... we're the very last of the Resistance. But we're not alone, in every corner of the galaxy, the down trident and oppress know our symbol, and they put their hope in it. We are the spark that will light the fire that will restore the Republic. That spark, this Resistance, must survive. That is our mission, now to your stations, and may the force be with us," She dismisses us all but Poe and I stay seated. He faces toward me.

     "That's Admiral Holdo? Battle of Kyron built Admiral Holdo?" He asks. I shrug at his question.

     "Hm, not what I expected," He says, getting up and walking over to her. I shrug once more and follow behind him. I walk behind them, just hearing their argument.

     "Vice Admiral? Commander Dameron, with our current fuel consumption, is a very limited amount of time in the range of those Star Destroyers," He explains.

     "Very kind of you to make me aware," She says, completely ignoring eye contact with him.

     "And we need to shake' 'em before we can find a new base, so, what's our plan?" He asks. I look over at BB-8 and he and a BB-4 unit were talking to one another. I walk over there and join them, but I still hear the conversation behind me.

     "Our plan? Captian? Not Commander, right? Wasn't it Leia's last official act to demote you, for the Dreadnought plan?" She says, walking away from him. "Where we lost our entire bombing fleet?"

     "Captain, commander, you can call me whatever you like. I just want to know what's going on," He states.

     "Of course you do, I understand. I've dealt with plenty of trigger-happy fly-boys like you. You're impulsive, dangerous, and the last thing we need right now. So stick to your post, and follow my orders," She smiles and walks away, ending the conversation. I sit up from talking to the droids and walk over to Poe.

     "Not what I was expecting either," I say, crossing my arms.

     "I need to get out of these clothes," Poe grumbles.

     "Yeah, same here," I look down at the orange jumpsuit that I zipped back on before leaving the medical room.

     We part ways for a bit to go to our rooms and change. We meet up a bit later in the hallway of the Cruiser. I'm wearing a black shirt, baggy army green pants, and my navy blue jacket.

     "We have to think of a better plan than whatever this Vice Admiral is thinking," Poe states. "She's getting on my nerves."

     "I can tell, but we'll be fine. We have to trust her because Leia- General Organa assigned her," I correct myself.

     His frown turns to a smile and we both walk through the hallways together.

     "Y/N I-," He starts, but is interrupted when Finn comes running down the hallway with a younger woman toward us.

     "Guys! We gotta talk."

.~.~.~.~.~.~.

     "Just give it to me, one more time, simpler," Poe demands.

     "So the First Order is only tracking us from one Destroyer, the lead one," Finn starts.

     "So we blow that one up!" I pound my fists in the air. C3-PO looks at us, confused.

     "I like where your head's at, but no. They'll only start tracking us from another destroyer," Finn states.

     "But if we-" The girl starts to speak but gets cut off by Finn.

     "But if we sneak on board the lead destroyer, disable the tracker without them realizing they won't-" now the girl cuts him off.

     "They won't realize it's off for one system cycle, about six minutes," She turns on the hologram while Finn continues.

     "Sneak onboard, disable the tracker, and our fleet escapes before they realize," Rose operates the hologram the whole time he explains the plan.

     "Hm," Poe grunts and walks over to Leia's unconscious body.

     "How did you two meet?" I ask them.

     "Just luck?" the girl questions her response.

     "Yeah, good luck?" Poe finishes, touching Leia's hand.

     "Not sure yet," She proclaims.

     "Poe, Y/N, we got to do this. It'll save the fleet, and it'll save Rey," Finn explains.

     "If I must say, Admiral Holdo will never agree to this plan," C3-PO says.

     "Yeah, you're right 3PO. It's a need-to-know plan, and she doesn't," I tell him.

     "Alright, you guys shut down that tracker and I'll be here to jump us to lightspeed with Y/N," Poe plans, winking at me. I roll my eyes playfully and agree with him.

     "The real question is, how do we sneak the two of you onto Snoke's destroyer without them noticing," I wonder.

     "We'll steal clearance codes-" the woman gets cut off again.

     "No, they're bio-hexacrypt and rescrambled every hour. We can't get through their shields undetected... nobody can," Finn explains.

     "Then how?" I ask. Poe thinks of an idea, connecting to someone through the holopad. Moments later, we see Maz Kanata on the screen.

     "Could I do it? Of course, I could do it! But I can't do it, I'm a little tied down right now," Maz starts shooting her blaster in the distance.

     "Oh my," C3-PO exclaims.

     "What is happening?" Finn asks.

     "Union dispute, you do not want to hear about it," Maz clarifies.

     "Now I want to hear about it," I whisper to Poe and he laughs.

     "But lucky for you, there's exactly one guy I trust, who can crack that kind of security!" Maz grunts at the war happening around her.

     "He's a master code-breaker, an ace pilot, a poet with a blaster- HA-" Maz keeps fighting as she explains the guy.

     "I think we get the picture," I say.

     "Oh my, it sounds like this master codebreaker can do everything!" C3-PO states.

     "Oh yes he can," Maz starts daydreaming and Poe and I look at each other, oddly.

     "You'll find him with a red plom-bloom on his lapel, rolling at a high stakes table, in the casino, on Canto Bite," Maz instructs. Everyone groans at the name of that planet, and I just look at them confused.

     "No no no, Maz! Is there any way we can take care of this ourselves?" Poe asks her.

     "Sorry kiddo, this is rarefied cracking, you want to get on that destroyer? I only know one option, find the master code-breaker!" Maz says and leaves the hologram.

     Finn looks at us and takes off the bracelet with the light beacon. He hands it to me, knowing I'm closer to Rey, and I take it.

     "We better get you two aboard a ship, and fast," Poe states and we head off to the hanger. Poe takes off in another direction to go and tell specific people about the plan we're operating. I help Finn and Rose board a transport so they can take off.

     I meet up with Poe in the hallways, knowing everything is going to plan so far.