~Chapter 2~

"Yes, I am!" He answers, lowering his hands.

     I move the lightsaber up, that way I can get a better look at him. His face is dirty with bruises and cuts everywhere, and his black hair is very messy but wavy. He's wearing a raggy shirt, a bit cut up at the collar, and brown pants.

     "And uh, who are you?" He asks me.

     "Name's Y/N, Y/N L/N. I'm a- scavenger?" I question the last part. But I wasn't lying.

     "Well, every normal scavenger has a lightsaber... correct?" He asks.

     "I-uh found it! In a shipwreck!" I reply. Good job Y/N, you just lied to a Resistance member, I mentally hit myself in the back of my head.

     "I don't believe you, but ok," He shrugs, walking a little closer to me. I hold up the lightsaber toward him and he backs away quickly.

     "Can you please put the lightsaber down? I'm not going to hurt you, I promise," He assures.

     "Do I really have to repeat myself? You just came out of an enemy ship, say you're Resistance, and expect me to believe you?" I scoff.

     "Well, I wasn't expecting a welcoming party, but a little help would be nice," Dameron admits. "Here, let me get something from the ship to prove to you."

     The man starts back stepping toward the TIE-Fighter, but something hits me about this place. Large sand hill before coming here, the wreckage sunk into the sand and still making noises, how the two of us seem to be in a sand bowl.

     "Wait! Don't take another step!" I order him, lowering my lightsaber a bit and motioning him to stop.

     He stops mid-step and looks at me, puzzled.

     "Have you not noticed we're in a small sand bowl here? This area is a large sinking pit, if you make any sudden movements on that ship, we are all going to be swallowed and lost forever in the sand below," I explain to him. I turn my lightsaber off, securing it in my belt.

     "So you trust me now?" Dameron wonders, walking away from the shipwreck, still keeping his distance from me.

     "Ha, no! If you even think about getting near me, this will be right at your throat," I pat my lightsaber, indicating the consequence if he were to step out of line.

     "Bold threat coming from a girl," He jokes.

     "Haha, very funny. I'll have you know I'm a woman, not a girl," I reply.

     "I'm guessing you're about, what? 19?" He sarcastically guesses.

     "29," I correct him, a bit snappy.

     "Oh, I'm 32," He tells me. I roll my eyes at him, I didn't ask about his age.

     "Really? I thought you were a kid," I insult.

     "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning," He chuckles to himself.

     "I didn't sleep at all," I grumble. I hear another slight movement in the shipwreck and immediately look down at my feet. They were slowly sinking.

     "We need to get out of here," I suggest and try to step out. It doesn't work.

     "Not a bad idea," Poe admits, walking past me. He turns around when he realizes I'm not behind him.

     "Aren't you coming?" He questions.

     "Yeah- just, hold on," I try and wiggle my feet out of the sand but that didn't work at all.