~Chapter 8~

The two share a few words and I walk up to Finn and Rose.

     "This is all that's left?" She asks.

     "Sadly, yes. When the First Order started attacking the transports, everyone almost died," I explain.

     "We heard," Finn says.

     "How did you guys escape?" I wonder.

     "It's a long story," Finn sighs, and we walk into the main control room.

     Everyone is in there, opening up the holographic computers and testing the systems. I see Poe looking at one of the screens and then walking toward Finn and me. We look over to the computer with Connix.

     "Alright, the shields are up so they can't hit us in orbit," He smiles.

     "Use all the power we got to send a distress signal to contact the people in the outer rim," He commands.

     "Use my personal code! If there are any allies to the Resistance, it's now or never," Leia states. I nod my head and help Connix with the distress signal.

     "Rose?" What do you got?" Poe questions.

     "Routed munitions, rusted utilities, and half-coated skim speeders," she lists off.

     "Well... let's just pray that big ass door holds long enough for us to get help," Poe sighs. Once I'm done helping Connix, I walk over to CB and she starts to beep sadly.

     "I know buddy, I'm worried too," I pat her head, but we're interrupted as a loud explosion-like noise goes off from outside. The ground rumbles a bit and sand falls from the roof above. I cover my eyes and dust myself off. I stand up and walk over to the large telescope in the center of the base.

     "A battering ram cannon," Finn announces.    

     "A what now?" Poe asks.

     "Miniaturized like Star tech. It'll crack that door open like an egg," Finn explains.

     I'm sitting on top of a pile of bricks, listening to their conversation. CB is standing there with me and we are both scared. A small crystal critter trots to my lap, curling up.

     "There has to be a back way out of here right?" Rose asks. Beeping noises came from BB-8 while C3-PO is walking behind him.

     "BB-8 what do you got?" Poe questions. He beeps more to him.

     "BB-8 has analyzed the schematics. This is the only way in, or out," C3-PO translates, pointing to the big door in front of us. Another explosion-like sound happens outside.

     "Come on, we have allies. People believe in Leia! They'll get our message, and they'll come, but we have to buy time! We gotta take out that cannon," Finn declares. All of us immediately rush out to the battlegrounds outside. Poe runs up to me where I'm sitting.

     "Y/N! We're going to use those speeders and go out there! I want you to stay here," Poe declares. I shoot up, the crystal critter pup rushing out of my arms.

     "I'm not staying here! I want to go out there, and fight! I want to help you!" I exclaim.

     "This is too dangerous!" Poe rests his hands on my shoulders.

     "I'm not going to stand here and do nothing!" I declare.

     "I don't want to see you die," Poe states and leads me to the control room with Leia and a few commanders and generals.

     "Please Y/N, I don't want to lose you like how I almost did at the battle of Takodona, the battle at Starkiller Base, the dreadnought flight, the cruiser explosion-" I cut him off.

     "I get it!" I shut him up. "But you better not die down there I swear-"

     Poe laughs and shakes his head in reply. He looks down at me and kisses the top of my head once more before running to the speeders with Rose, Finn, and many others. I grumble at myself, disappointed, and sit down at the radio dispatch desk. The same crystal critter appears on my lap again and I place the headset on to hear the conversations of Poe, Finn, Rose, and the other speeder pilots.

     "Ground forces incoming."

     "Copy that we're on our way," I hear Poe's voice declare from the radio and I turn up the volume.

     "Hey! Engage your mono-ski. The green toggle," Rose tells Finn.

     "Alright, listen up! I don't like these rust buckets, and I don't like our odds," Poe continues, and I hear a piece of metal come off through the radio. "What the hell?" I laugh. "Shush Y/N" He declares and I realize he could hear me and I shut up, trying not to laugh louder.

     "Just, keep it tight, and don't get too close to it until they roll that cannon out front," Poe commands.

     "Alright ground forces! Lay down some fire!" Poe declares and I could hear the blasters outside the gates shooting at the First Order At-Ats.

     "Let's hope this works," I mumble.