𝑶𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝑫𝒐𝒖𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒃𝒂𝒈𝒔 𝑾𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝑺𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝑰𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓 :: 04

The next morning, Jimin walked into class without any complaints. Well... verbal complaints, that was. And besides, he showed up early that morning just like every other day before Jungkook had joined their school. And speaking of him...

Jimin peered up through hooded eyes, tip of his pen still pressed against his paper as he watched Jungkook walk into class with sunglasses covering his eyes.

The teacher spoke to him, yet he didn't say anything in return. He simply claimed his seat at the other end of the room, pressing his chin to his folded up arms that rested on the desk.

"What's up with him?" Jason asked. "Only douchebags wear sunglasses indoors," he remarked rudely, only briefly pulling his attention away from his phone before diving back into it nose first.

Jimin just scrunched his nose. Jason was one to talk, wearing sunglasses just the same. He decided not to say anything, though, and keep his thoughts to himself. These days his friends were becoming entirely too much to handle. His patience was thinning, but he knew it was because of his faggot neighbour.

"Alright. Now that everyone's here, we're going to be picking partners for a group project. We'd do it by alphabetical order, but as some kids are missing we'll do it by drawing sticks."

Eric sniffed. "Drawing sticks? What are we? In grade three?" he retorted, not at all prepared for the brusque response following by his teacher.

"You say that like your grades don't typify the brain of a third grader. Now keep your mouth closed, Eric, unless you'd prefer a zero going into your unit exam."

Eric bit down harshly on the inside of his cheek, arms crossed over his chest as he stared out the window. He loved the attention, but not when it was negative like this.

Shortly after, student by student walked up to the front of the classroom, picking out different sticks. The students absent had theirs pulled out.

"Now, group up with your partner and discuss how you'd like to present the book we've just finished reading as a class. Remember, there's games, posters, essays, you name it. Use those brains of yours and get creative," she said dismissively, taking a seat. This acted as a cue for the students as they found their corresponding partners. The classroom erupted into chatter.

"Well, it looks like we don't have to move," Eric pointed out as he showed Jimin's name on his stick.

Jimin hummed, watching as Jason disbanded from the duo, making his way over to Jungkook's table. He watched every bit of it, from the tapping of Jason's finger against Jungkook's head to said boy's smile.

Jimin wondered how Jason would feel if he knew his partner was gay. The thought didn't engross him for long as Eric began rambling on about how both of his hands hurt from lifting weights and how he wouldn't be able to contribute much to their project unless Jimin wanted a lower mark than he could actually manage.

"It's fine, Eric. Please just stop talking," Jimin requested with a heavy sigh, fingers digging into the bridge of his nose. Despite his plea, his friend proceeded to drone on.

He looked to his right, finding Jason and Jungkook laughing heavily. He felt bad for the former, noting the twist in his own stomach. These days he was hardly tolerating Jason, but he wouldn't wish that kind of discomfort on anyone. Even if it was unknown.

An annoying Eric and half an hour later, the lunch bell rang which meant that Jimin could now go home considering his spares for the day. And much to his protest, Eric ended up skipping his last two classes and tagged along with Jimin to his house so 'they' could work on the project together. It was no surprise to Jimin that when they actually reached his home, Eric gunned it for their generously sized gym.