𝑻𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑮𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑮𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒔 :: 08

Jungkook's words seemed to replay in Jimin's mind incessantly. As much as he hated to admit it, the boy had been majority of his occupying thoughts. Not school, or homework. But him.

He was thankful that it was the weekend, otherwise he wouldn't be able to focus.

Like for example: currently, he was sitting in the livingroom, staring at the wall with his face settled to a blank expression. The TV was on, yet even then he found no interest in what was happening on Love Island.

"Jimin."

People like me?

"Park Jimin!"

Jimin jolted in his seat, craning his neck to meet his mother's gaze.

"Yeah?" he questioned with an innocent expression tailored onto his face. Not intentional, just how he was.

"I was thinking about something," she said vaguely as she studied her pedicured nails.

"Thinking about something?" Jimin reiterated, mouth hanging open slightly in confusion as his brows furrowed.

"Yes. I was thinking that maybe we could invite those Jeon men over for dinner again," she announced, much to Jimin's surprise.

"But we only ever invite families over once for dinner and then we never really see them again. Why now?" Jimin asked, finding himself picking at his fingers.

He was nervous. Why did he have to be so nervous? This was definitely a foreign feeling to him, and it worried him at how quickly he was growing familiar with it. He was always so sure of himself as well as his surroundings. But he almost felt vulnerable due to his and Jungkook's latest interactions.

"Well, Mister Jeon is a businessman, and so is your father. I figure maybe if we get them in the same room for a second time, they can converse about work issues since they've passed introductions," she explained with an expert edge to her tone. "I can tell Mister Jeon is a sophisticated man with experience in the business industry. So why not have you father and Jungkook's father chat?"

Jimin gulped. Jungkook.

"But are you sure father would be okay with that? You know he likes to keep his secrets," Jimin reminded her, really just trying to steer away from any possibility of having them over for another dinner.

"Yeah," his mother said quietly. "I do know," she claimed sadly, appearing rather dismal for a moment. But she shook her head nontheless, flashing her son a reassuring smile. "Even if he says no, I'll still invite him over. It's not like I don't know business too, right?"

"Yeah, I guess," Jimin said softly with a smile. His mother had a point. He absolutely hated the idea of the Jeon's coming over for dinner - now especially knowing how Jungkook's father operates - but if it made his mom happy, then immediately he was all for it.

"Perfect. I'll quickly throw something together and then you can invite them over. How does that sound?" she suggested happily, clapping her hands together.

Absolutely terrible.

"Sounds great." A small smile played along Jimin's full lips.

His mother emitted a tiny cheerful sound, scurrying off to the kitchen with excitment. It didn't take long before Jimin heard pots clanking, water running and food being chopped against a cutting board.

Eventually, time passed and Jimin spent majority of it wallowing in his own demise. Was he really going to make a complete fool of himself once again, standing on the Jeon doorstep? He cringed, just thinking back to yesterday. Yuck.